Search Unity

TextMesh Pro Multiple shaders error when using Text Mesh Pro

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by GmanREE, May 22, 2018.

1. GmanREE

GmanREE

I cannot change my unity version as the one i am using right now is the same as the schools and i am currently doing an assignment using unity and i have to have the same version or there might be some problems on the way with new version of unity being opened on the old one. so is there anything to fix this problem where i cant access shaders for example underlay. i tried using mobile one but same result. is there text mesh pro version similar to the unity i am using right now if so can you send me a link to the download thx. If not is there a way to go around it and fix the error issue.

Attached Files:

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

What version of Unity are you using?

What version of TextMesh Pro are you using? You can tell what version of TextMesh Pro you are using by looking at the names of the DLL found in the "TextMesh Pro/Plugins/Editor DLL/..." folder.

Please let me know what these are and we can figure out what's going from there.

3. GmanREE

GmanREE

upload_2018-5-23_11-7-10.png you mean this?? OR this
    fileFormatVersion: 2
    guid: 48ea3e97552c6fd468f32e2cfac8493d
    folderAsset: yes
    timeCreated: 1511779465
    licenseType: Store
    DefaultImporter:
    externalObjects: {}
    userData:
    assetBundleName:
    assetBundleVariant:

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Right now you are using the version of TextMesh Pro for Unity 2017.3 but appear to be using Unity 5.6. You will need to get the version of TextMesh Pro for Unity 5.6 which is available for direct download in this thread here.

Be sure to following the read the release notes and upgrade notes. Always backup your project before upgrading.