Search Unity

Multiple selection controls (multiplayer character selection)

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Senshi, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Senshi

Senshi

Hey everyone,

Since my game is still ways off (plenty of time to wait for bug fixes), I decided to build my UI with the new Unity UI. The first screen I'm attempting is the Character Selection one. I love how well the automatic directional navigation works, but it appears this only works with one selection/ selector.

I am currently thinking of using two foreground UI elements as "cursors" (bound to a grid), each controllable by different axis and keys. I'm just wondering if perhaps there's something I'm missing which could be beneficial in my case. =)

Cheers,
    Patrick

2. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

This sounds like a custom component to me. It is possible to do this now, but we don't have a lot of tutorials currently with regards to writing custom components; they will be coming soon :)

3. Senshi

Senshi

Thanks for your answer Tim! That does sound very promising; are there any classes I could take a peek at to maybe figure it out, or is it just too complex for that?

EDIT: I should really learn to look better before asking... BaseInputModule seems like a good place to start. =)