Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple rules for the same group

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by Lisan, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Lisan

Lisan

Hi,

I don't get how the multiple rules system works. It's clear, that if i use different conditions (ios users or android users) i can make two rules which don't intersect each other. But let's say i want to run two A/B tests at once, both of them targeting all users. I then create two rules, Rule 1 with Setting1, Setting2 and Rule2 with Setting3, Setting4
    But though these are different rules with different Settings, they both targeting all users, so Rule condition for them is just "true". Can i have both such rules active for all users? Or if i activate both rules, only one with bigger priority will work, and other will not? And if i make any rule for all users (with condition = true) and set it to highest priority, then only this one rule will work?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

3. Lisan

Lisan

Thanks!
    It looks like a powerfull service, but i bet it costs a fortune. It's often does in cases they don't show their prices openly.
    Can i have answers on my questions above, please?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We recently acquired deltaDNA and are moving in that direction https://unity.com/products/deltadna . I will check on your questions.

5. Lisan

Lisan

It's good that you acquired it, but it's still has "Try for free" button, witch means it has free trial and paid full functionality, but what is the price for that paid functionality? Or it will be included in Unity license?

6. jacobbev

jacobbev

Unity Technologies

Hey @Lisan,

You can certainly have multiple rules that target the whole audience (with condition = true). The priority will help with any conflicts between rules but if the two rules alter different settings the user will fall into both of them, hope that clears it up!

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

TBD, probably a year out

8. Lisan

Lisan

Then why are you recommending it to me now?

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Because it's available and is a good solution. I'm not familiar with the licensing, just wanted to provide it as an option for you. Licensing changes are a year out, it work now.

10. Lisan

Lisan

Thanks for that! Although i need to know it's price to consider will it be good for me or not, so i suppose i have to write to them and ask directly.

JeffDUnity3D likes this.