Search Unity

Question Multiple Reflection Probes for Split Screen

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Der_Knob, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Der_Knob

Der_Knob

Hey,

I have a Reflection Probe by player and moving it with the player position and updating it.
    Now with split screen, we can have up to 4 reflection probes.

I now want to only "use" the reflection probe for this player when the player camera renders.
    And here I run into problems.
    What I tried with OnPreRender()/OnRreCull():
    • Tried to disable other reflection probes
    • Setting the importance to 0/1 depending on if the reflection probe should be rendered for that camera
    • Moving other probes to y = -1000
    That all is not working. More Infos here:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/is-...lection-probes-on-a-per-camera-basis.1182211/

So my question would be: When is the reflection probe applied to the camera render? Does not look like, if it is used while rendering the normal image... Anyone any idea?

Using:
    • Unity 2021.3 LTS
    • LWRP

2. Der_Knob

Der_Knob

Hey, anyone an Idea, when the reflaction probe is applied to the image?

3. DevDunk

DevDunk

Is the LWRP still available in 2021? Aren't you using URP? (which is superior for most cases)

In the URP in 2021 you can blend reflection probes, which I recommend. Prebake reflection probes on areas where it makes sense and let Unity blend the reflections between the probes. This way you don't have to compute it every time and it should look decent!
    https://portal.productboard.com/uni...isual-effects/c/131-reflection-probe-blending

4. Der_Knob

Der_Knob

Hi,
    I'm not using URP. I think Build In is then the correct name? That is why SSR is not available...
    Pre Bake is not working, as I have changing colors and light going on and off. But that is not a problem. Blending is also working. But the result with blending is causing other visual problems, when I move the overlapping probs (bound to the user position).

But thanks so far.
    Still wondering, when in the render process the Reflection Probe is applied... o_O

5. Der_Knob

Der_Knob

I switched to SSR, which is applied to the Camera as Post Processing. Looks better, and has also better performance. But the build in SSR Post Process is not working with Build In Render Pipeline. So I bought one from the shop. Working real great and solved all my issues :)

DevDunk likes this.