Search Unity

Multiple perspective cameras.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by cjow, Mar 5, 2014.

1. cjow

cjow

Hi, I'm having some issues with Unity almost randomly not rendering some of my cameras.

For example: I have a main perspective camera which renders all the world, a weapon camera which draws only the weapon models and another perspective camera which renders only a 3D UI.

With the weapon camera most of the time it doesn't start rendering until you click on the scene view when the game is running. With the UI camera it works fine when there's only the main camera and the UI camera enabled. If I then turn the weapon camera on it either disappears when I move the camera around or it doesn't render at all.

Any insight would be appreciated,

Ty.

EDIT:

I should also note that the weapon and main cameras both use Deferred lighting and the UI camera uses Forward. There's all sorts of crazy bugs going on with stuff not being rendered. It's baffling.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  2. cjow

cjow

Ok so it turns out that the weapon in the weapon camera only renders when it's animator culling mode is set to 'Always Aniamte'. Can anyone explain why this is? My understanding is that 'Based on renderers' should work because the weapon camera is always in the screen view. What's really odd is that when it's set to 'Based on renderers' and it isn't animating, if you move the scene view to see the weapon it starts rendering in the game view again...

The next problem is that having the weapon camera use Deferred lighting causes this:

$lame.png