Search Unity

Multiple meshes on a character are impossible in Unity 4.3.1

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by K-JBrothers, Dec 7, 2013.

1. K-JBrothers

K-JBrothers

I'm stumbled on a big problem, I have a character with multiple meshes, and each of those is skinned with all avatar bones. When I import fbx to unity I have this error: SkinnedMeshRenderer requires a mesh with skinning or blendshape information.
    All objects are all over the place in the scene, with strange orientations. When I select each mesh there is this "root bone" thing in inspector window, and each mesh has some random bone selected. I tried to change them manually, but it didn't solve the problem, because avatar is made on fbx file and not on the prefab! With this problem all my animations are screwed, head is somewhere inside the body, hands are somewhere else and so on. I tried to link all the skinned meshes to the reference bone and to other things but nothing helps. Am I missing something here?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  2. K-JBrothers

K-JBrothers

Ok guys, never mind.. GPU skinning seems kinda broken! Turned it off and it's back to normal....
    PS. with GPU skinning on, after I moved my character, all meshes moved to their right places, but not in the preview window and on animations...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013