Search Unity

Multiple legacy animation files

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Mohamad-Elgabbas, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Mohamad-Elgabbas

Mohamad-Elgabbas

well i just bought an model when i download it i was very surprised it's legacy but also because every single animation with separate same model with the name take 001 and i really cannot figure out how to play them the owner of this assets in holiday.
    what i tried:
    1- convert to humanoid (no animation worked)
    2- put several game objects with animation component every one with different animation and call each one from an array (not animation worked)
    3-animation component with auto play and in first array different animation i call it from code (only the auto play animation worked)
    4- try to download other legacy character with several animations works super nice but they only have one model with multiple animations not like this one

so any help!

2. KittyAnn

KittyAnn

Has ANYONE figured this out yet? I am having similar issues with attaching multiple animations to same character.

3. KittyAnn

KittyAnn

I had a similar problem with my animation not working properly either. I watched this video & it worked. He is very simple to understand & follow, and gives the script code to make animations work. I hope this helps! Here's the link to the video:

4. Mohamad-Elgabbas

Mohamad-Elgabbas

this is humanoid animation my problem was with legacy animation and animation component but my fix was simple but i have never worked with legacy before.
    my first fix was to convert it to generic animation and use animator controller but animations become very bad when i convert them to generic.
    the right fix was to go through every animation and rename it to proper names (because they all have the same name and animation component work only with animation name string)