Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple Highlighted Toggle Buttons (Please Help)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by kylerobertbradley, Apr 3, 2020.

1. kylerobertbradley

kylerobertbradley

Hello,

My application is a music application, and I am having a hard time with a very simple task it seems. I am pressed for time, and trying to have it so when you click on one particular group's buttons, it does not affect the colored highlight on other group's buttons you select.

I have 3 types of Options all responsive as Toggle Buttons.

Setting your Key: You can pick from 12 buttons
    Setting your Scale: You can pick from 7 buttons
    Setting your tuning: You can pick from 3 buttons.

I need my program to allow me to select from any of these 3 groups, and whatever is selected in those groups stays highlighted. Each of these 3 groups are independent of each others highlights. So everytime you change your Key setting, a new selection will highlight, but it doesn't mess with what was highlighted and selected in the Scale or Tuning section. Does this make sense?

When you select your Key, I would like the button you select to stay highlighted. However, when you go to select your Scale, or press any other button whatsoever, the highlight from the Key button should stay on, and also the newly selected Scale button will also be highlighted. I need the button to stay highlighted in the Key group, in the Scale Group, and the Tuning group -- all at once - so the user has a visual representation of what Options have been selected, in three different instances.

example:
    User clicks the "C" button in the Key group. The "C" button highlights.
    User clicks the "Major" button in the Scale group. The "Major" button highlights.. "C" stays highlighted in Key group.
    User clicks the "440hz" button in the Tuning group. The "440hz" button highlights... "Major" stays highlighted in Scale group, and "C" stays highlighted in Key group.
    User clicks "D" button in the Key group. The "C" button loses its highlight, and now the "D" button highlights -- but the selections in the Scale and Tuning groups do not change.

I'm a beginner coder, more so a musician, but have gotten this far, and am trying to make my final adjustments.

I am supposed to release the application today, but have been stuck on this for hours. Any help or advice would be so greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for any time, effort, or advice that can be given.

Best,

Kyle