Search Unity

multiple Errors after uninstall and reinstalling unity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by harunali3d, Jul 5, 2022.

1. harunali3d

harunali3d

Hello I am having multiple issues with unity. I was updating from an older version of the editor to another one and updated an asset package I bought that broke my project. I attempted to revert back but was unable to do so, I tried to uninstall and reinstall the unity editor and hub but every time I create a new project and load up unity it wants to enter safe mode due to errors. when I ignore that window and go into the editor I get 100s of errors with regards to test runner, a compile error when attempting to play the game and the Plastic SCM icon is no longer available in the editor and cant be accessed at all even from the windows tab.

basically Unity for me is completely unusable and its really causing me so much stress and anxiety as I now have to start my project from scratch but I cant since the editor just wont work

example errors:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.test-framework@1.1.31\UnityEngine.TestRunner\NUnitExtensions\Commands\EnumerableTestMethodCommand.cs(105,30): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ITestExecutionContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.test-framework@1.1.31\UnityEngine.TestRunner\NUnitExtensions\Runner\UnityTestExecutionContext.cs(125,34): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ValueFormatterFactory' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

UnityEditor.SceneView:ShowCompileErrorNotification ()