Search Unity

Multiple Displays when VR is enabled for runtime... Display 2 moves with headset... can I disable?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by grobm, Jun 16, 2016.

1. grobm

grobm

Hello Forums,

I am implementing a VR Training Simulation and I need to have the functionality of an Instructor View (God) and the Client View (VR user on Display 1) running off the same computer.

I have done this over the years with Unity (Unity v3, Unity v4 and early Unity v5), however... now that VR devices is Native to Unity, it appears that the motion traction is applied to all cameras at runtime and in the editor.

Any recommendations on how to disable motion tracking on Display 2? and have Display 1 be the only VR tracked camera?

Comments or links to solution would be great.

2. EdBlais

EdBlais

Unity Technologies

On the Camera component you can set the Target Eye property to None in order to disable stereo rendering for a camera.

3. grobm

grobm

Which version of Unity are you seeing Target Eye Property? I am working in Unity 5.3.4f1... is this option in Unity 5.4.x?

4. EdBlais

EdBlais

Unity Technologies

It's been a property since I think 5.3.1, but it isn't a scripting property in 5.3. The scripting portion has only been opened up in 5.4. Look on the Camera component in the Inspector window.