Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple camera with multiple canvas UI Button Event Problem

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by ASIM-SENYUVA, Sep 19, 2019.

1. ASIM-SENYUVA

ASIM-SENYUVA

Hello,

I have multiple cameras in one scene. The scene also has 2 UI ( Canvas). Each canvas has screen space overlay and refers to related displays. When playing the scene Eventtrigger detects the smallest short order canvas events on the other hand when I move to my mouse to monitor related event effects to another monitor. For example. I click monitor 2 but monitor 1 effected.

I try
    • Put different layers to each canvas and try to block other canvas with graphic raycaster but it not solves.
    • I un-checked raycast target over Image and other not an event-related object for reducing intersections but it not solved.
    • The scene has only one EventSystem. EventSystem refers to the main screen because of this i try to set Canvas Render mode to ScreenSpace and put culling mask for the hide to not related UI and others but the camera shows black
    • I try to camera depts but it is not solved
    How can i solve this problem? any suggestion?

Canvas 1

upload_2019-9-19_22-20-15.png

Canvas 2

upload_2019-9-19_22-20-46.png

Camera 1
    upload_2019-9-19_22-30-39.png

Camera 2
    upload_2019-9-19_22-31-10.png

problem here :

upload_2019-9-19_22-29-9.png

2. ASIM-SENYUVA

ASIM-SENYUVA

Another ScreenShot,
    When i disable Graphic Raycaster its block events also. In this case a simple but bad workaround when i click windows 1 disable windows 2 raycaster and click windows 2 disable windows 1 graphic raycaster but i do not like this solution.
    still search during 5 hour...

upload_2019-9-19_23-16-20.png

WRG55 likes this.
  3. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

josephphilleo and ASIM-SENYUVA like this.
  4. ASIM-SENYUVA

ASIM-SENYUVA

Resolved, Thank you for the information during more than 5 hours I learn deep things about Canvas and UI. It's working on build time. :)

karl_jones likes this.
  5. tms_dev

tms_dev

What did you learn? It would be nice if you shared for people having the same problem T_T

6. ASIM-SENYUVA

ASIM-SENYUVA

It works on build time, no need to confuse at the editor. It calculated exact dimensions at runtime.

7. cecarlsen

cecarlsen

I don't see how that is a solution. Do you build everytime you need to test any interaction? I have encountered this issue a number of times over the past years to much frustration.

Was this never fixed @karl_jones?

8. ASIM-SENYUVA

ASIM-SENYUVA

The problem only comes at Editor. There is no solution for the editor. On the other hand, there is no problem with Build Time

9. cecarlsen

cecarlsen

Which means you "only" have to build everytime you need to test any minor UI interaction. Such a pain.

10. ASIM-SENYUVA

ASIM-SENYUVA

You are exactly true. Especially during software tests, there can be a lot of problems. I usually test with keyboard shortcuts when problems arise.

11. cecarlsen

cecarlsen

I am now using this hack together with ICanvasRayCastFilter to extend UI and achive correct multi display behaviour in the Editor. I suspect this will only work on Windows.

Code (CSharp):
    1. [DllImport( "user32.dll" )]
    2. [return: MarshalAs( UnmanagedType.Bool )]
    3. private static extern bool GetCursorPos( out MousePosition mp );
    5. [StructLayout( LayoutKind.Sequential )]
    6. public struct MousePosition
    7. {
    8.     public int x, y;
    9. }
    11. public static bool IsMouseOverMainDisplay()
    12. {
    13.     Display mainDisplay = Display.main;
    14.     MousePosition mp;
    15.     GetCursorPos( out mp );
    17.     return mp.x > 0 && mp.y > 0 && mp.x < mainDisplay.systemWidth && mp.y < mainDisplay.systemHeight;
    18. }

12. ASIM-SENYUVA

ASIM-SENYUVA

Yes its windows dependent because of win API (user32.dll)

13. Coloradete

Coloradete

Hello! I'm using version 2021.3.0f1 and having the same problem on build time, when I click on UI buttons on the display 2 the buttons on display 1 (in the exact same position) gets triggered. I have the canvas set to Screen Space - Camera as I'm rendering four cameras per display each of them with their own UI. Any workaround for this?

14. jeepee-ef

jeepee-ef

Same here (Unity2022.3.14f1) unfortunately, is there a bugreport for this already? Or is there something to do to prevent this?