Search Unity

Bug Multiple bugs in 2019.3

Discussion in 'Linux' started by willemsenzo, Aug 22, 2019.

1. willemsenzo

willemsenzo

Yeah I know, I could make multiple threads for each issue I'm facing but I'm trying to condense them down to a single thread cause I haven't seen any other reports on any of them and I'd like to know if these problems are known by Unity.

Navigation through scene in playmode:
    Moving around in the sceneview while being in playmode makes the camera rotate in a weird fashion and it's impossible to navigate through the scene (I can't move at all with WASD keys). Furthermore I can't select any game objects in the scene hierarchy in order to make changes to scripts.

AnimationCurve:
    Whenever I create an AnimationCurve in the inspector and add keys to the curve, I can't remove the keys anymore once I've closed the AnimationCurve window and open it again. Also the ability to set tangents stops working. It becomes more odd when I open the window again a few minutes later and then all seems to work again.

Rigidbody:
    I made a simple character controller that uses a rigidbody and moves it with AddForce/AddRelativeForce. Initially the character starts moving very slow, but as time progresses its speed increases till the point it moves at ridiculous speeds across the map. I'm not building up any kind of force which I apply to the rigidbody, instead I use a fixed value force but when I read out the rigidbody.velocity.magnitude it goes up real quick (this increases) whenever I press a movement key.

Thanks for reading, and if there are any workarounds then I'd like to hear that.

2. senkal_

senkal_

Hi @willemsenzo
    Unfortunately I don't know workaround for your issues but what can help is creating simple use cases.
    Plus, my suggestion would be to check if in older versions of Unity the same issues occur to be sure if it's 2019.3 regression.

My suggestions:
    1. Double check if it only happens in 2019.3
    2. Create a working minimal example, at least for issue with Rigidbody
    3. Since 2019.3 is in Alpha, potentially issues reported by you are not Linux only, you could try to check https://forum.unity.com/forums/2019-3-alpha.337/
    4. If you're sure that these are 2019.3 issues and there are not yet reported/known(2019.3 forum) you can report issues on that forum.
    5. I am not sure if creating bug reports is ok for Alpha version but you could try that as well.

3. PixelJ

PixelJ

Unity Technologies

4. willemsenzo

willemsenzo

@PixelJ Sure I've reported all these issues thank you.

PixelJ likes this.