Search Unity

Multiple Armature animations importing in just fine, but not working in Mechanim

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ostrich160, Sep 15, 2014.

1. ostrich160

ostrich160

Hi, so I've created some animations in blender and imported them into Unity. It is 3 objects in total, the main body and 2 fists. The fists have their own bone (in blender, its a separate armature) and they are parents to the body's shoulder bones. However, they move independently a lot, without being dragged by the shoulder bones. Anyway, importing this into Unity was fine, and it works as expected. However, in the Animator window, the Fists arent moving, or at least they arent moving independently (by that I mean, if they werent they'd just be following the shoulder bone), meaning they are only moving as the shoulder does, not on their own.

Seeing as this is probably hard to understand, I've made a video for it

If it helps, I imported it as just a blender file (I just dragged and dropped it in). Hope you guys can help!

2. ostrich160

ostrich160

3. ostrich160

ostrich160

Alright I need to go to bed now, I just really need to get this fixed so I'll bump again. Please, if you have any idea, it'd be greatly appreciated

4. ostrich160

ostrich160

Damn, looks like there isnt a solution, over 50 people have seen this and still nothing

5. OllyNicholson

OllyNicholson

Unity Technologies

Hmm I'd like to take a look at this, could you first try to export the animation as an FBX to rule out a native file animation issue, then if it still causes the issue inside Unity, please submit a bug with this example > Help > Report a bug - and drop the ref number here, with steps to reproduce and the Version of Unity you are using so I can check it out

6. ostrich160

ostrich160

I tried with FBX, sadly the same results. I've filed the report like you said, and the reference number is 633768. Thanks for the help!

7. ostrich160

ostrich160

I've discovered something more about the issue. Its something to do with my animator controller, because making a new controller with just the punch in works fine, the issue is something to do with the transition between One animation and another

OllyNicholson likes this.
  8. dummyfile999

dummyfile999

does the armature have the minimum number of bones expected by unity?