Search Unity

Multiple ARAnchor on gameobject

Discussion in 'AR' started by Alexis-Dev, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Alexis-Dev

Alexis-Dev

Hello,

I have a question about ARAnchor.
    I have to work on a long game object (about 15 - 20 meters) and I place it in prefab of ARAnchorManager.

I would like to know if I can use multiple ARAnchor to fix me prefab on plan?
    I see nothing to attach another Anchor on GameObject (and nothing to attach another GameObject on the same Anchor).

Someone have an idea? a trick?
    Feature plan in the future?

best,
    Alexis

2. unity_6lFscwL5Mm2QPQ

unity_6lFscwL5Mm2QPQ

Did you solve this issue?
    I also want to place really large gameObject in AR and make it stable by using AR Anchors. I tried creating multiple AR Anchors during runtime, saving the relative position and rotation of gameObject and AR Anchor, and then just checking in Update() and moving the gameObject to match relative position and rotation if the AR Anchor changes its position, but it doesn't work very well, and the gameObject is still changing its position.
    I cannot use only one AR Anchor, since when changing camera direction away from AR Anchor, the gameObject loses its original position (rotation).

3. mdYeet

mdYeet

I usually just have the GO as child of an Anchor. I don't experience drifting as long as I tracked a plane pretty decently.