Search Unity

Multiple animations at the same time on the same rig

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Deleted User, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi guys,

for our game I need to figure out how to play multiple animations at the same time on the same rig. So far I've looked into the Animation component, and am currently using Mecanim. If somebody could explain this to me or send me a link to a tutorial I'd be very gratefull.

Thanks in advance

2. medhue

medhue

If you use Mecanim, then that means you use an Animator Controller. In that Animator Controller, you can have different layers of animations. These other layers can be used to mask off part of the body to allow those other layers to affect the base layer animations. I've used the other layers for morphs too, by creating and using blend shapes, and animations for them to morph the character to talk, or smile, or flex, or whatever. I just actually created a product to override the finger animations on animations. So, the purchaser gets a whole set of animations with everything accept the fingers masked out. They would play the finger animations on another layer within the Animator Controller. Heck, maybe I'll do a quick tutorial on the Animator Controller and layers. It can be a product demo also, lol.