Search Unity

Multiplayer VR Game in local - Unity/Oculus

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by unity_MPvGhemcOqG1Vg, Aug 14, 2019.

1. unity_MPvGhemcOqG1Vg

unity_MPvGhemcOqG1Vg

Hello guys !

I'm having trouble against a new project.

I'd like to create a multiplayer game in Virutal reality. Several players in VR from different computers could connect to a local server and see each others actions.

But all the ways I found to connect different players needs aa Internet connexion.

I don't know if anyone could have an idea..

Thanks for reading

2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Well they will need to be connected to at the very least wifi / the same local network in order to connect, so usually if you connect to the local network you also have a network connection.

That doesnt mean that they have to be on the internet, just that they all need to be on the same network.

But if your talking on different networks then no, an internet connection is required.

3. unity_MPvGhemcOqG1Vg

unity_MPvGhemcOqG1Vg

Thanks for answering so quickly.

The players would be on different computers but on the same network.

I'm looking for a local server so the players can play together and see each others.

Do you know an asset or something that I can use ? I've found Photon Bolt but I don't think it works 100% in local.

4. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Oh right, I dont know about an asset. I would normally advise to write your own networking where possible as generic solutions are never great.

If you really have to go asset route, try mirror. That works locally. They have a discord you can ask questions in.

5. unity_MPvGhemcOqG1Vg

unity_MPvGhemcOqG1Vg

I'll try this thank you very much !