Search Unity

Multiplayer Test, need help testing :)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by gamenut30111, Feb 24, 2010.

1. gamenut30111

gamenut30111

Hey, i am not an experience networking scripter, but i am trying it out. whenever a friend of mine tests my webplayer he can see my game for like 3 secs but cant connect, then it dissapears. Anyone have this problem. Most of the scripts are from the unity network example and the network tutorial. or if someone with open nat could help me test this, that would be really helpful.heres the webplayer. and heres my msn brandenmcclain@live.com msg me :)

http://unity.designftw.com/Branden/gametest2.html

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

Have you setup an own master server and connection facilitator?
    If not that might be your problem as there is no guarantee that the unity one is available. Especially the facilitator is often not available so you can only play if you / the server machine is not protected through any firewall etc but offers full access

3. gamenut30111

gamenut30111

no, i have used the unity master. how would i go about making a master and facilitator, if you can point me in the right direction, i should be able to pick it up :)

4. Mazer

Mazer

I really have no idea when it comes to scripting or anything, And I'm here in the forums trying to figure out the whole MMO thing. But saw your request for testing and figured I'd see what I could see. This is what happens when I try to connect. Keep in mind that my office computer is just a laptop behind firewalls and SonicWalls and all sorts of security that is supposed to prevent me from accessing anything not business related. :)

So, I open the link and see the little box you've got up on the top right corner and start clicking like a maniac. The start server button seems to work as when I click on the Map 02 button on the bottom left of the screen I'm moving around in your 3D space.

Now I'm sure none of this is going to help you, but since I know I've got no clue, I'll still post it.

5. gamenut30111

gamenut30111

actually, i forgot to post this, but basically i went through the networking tutorial, built and ran it and it seemed to work fine, so im just going to upload my projects files, and put them in the fps example. then remove all the other scenes :)