Search Unity

Multiplayer Runner/Flier and lots of blood. Looking for feedback [Mobile]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Kelde, May 15, 2015.

1. Kelde

Kelde

Hello Devs and Devettes!

We are looking for some feedback and ideas for our game, so before we begin anyting at all, have a look at this small video i made last night while souped on coffee.

*early build, background props is missing and ingame UI is not finished in this video,etc etc*
    We have been working for 5 months on a multiplayer game for mobile, and its become time to actually start showing off some screenshots and gameplay. We are just 2 guys doing this, takes a toll, but it's been pretty much painless sofar. The biggest issue really beeing the online performance seeing this game relies heavily on low latencies, but still playable with an OK ping. You will still finish the races and get some sweet kills along the way.

The game features a single player championship, aswell as a online race mode where 4 players face off using the 7 power-ups we have currenlty in the game. There's some violence aswell, and it can be turned off since not everyone appreciates that sort of stuff, we understand.

There's literally hundreds of item unlocks ingame already via Challenges from both singleplayer and multiplayer, ranging from changing a characters eyes, mouths, skin, wings/jetpacks and headwear. We want to add more categories later down the road such as necklaces, player trails, blood color and name badges. We will see how it goes.

*ingame shop icons for skins*

We are using Unity 5 Pro with Ferr2D, not much else really. Trying to rely on Unity alone for this one as we had some problems with assets in the past beeing updated too slowly or not even at all, leaving us hanging.
    The creator of Ferr2D, Nick, has been very helpful throughout it's development and i cant say enough good things about the Asset. Here you can see the same scene using 2 diffrent terrains, with a few clicks. Ive included the terrain atlases on the right side.

*unity scene*

So, feedback time, if any! We appreciate ANYTHING since this is sort of our "all in" game. Gameplay, Camera Behavior, Controls, Art and Code, whatever you cna think of, we will consider it!

You can reach us on Facebook anytime:)
    https://www.facebook.com/Nordicpixel?pnref=lhc

Thanks alot for watching!

Last edited: May 15, 2015
    XCO likes this.
  2. Kelde

Kelde

Working on props, trees'n stuffs!

And some more game art

XCO likes this.
  3. XCO

XCO

Kindav Amazing!! :D

4. Kelde

Kelde

Hey thanks, we were very hesitant to make a multiplayer game seeing theres only 2 of us and we have never done it before, but the experience has been great sofar, Unity 5 really helped aswell as some trustworthy assets:)

XCO likes this.
  5. XCO

XCO

It looks amazing gentlemen!! The art reminds me of RAYMAN which is a compliment!! :D

6. Kelde

Kelde

Rayman has been a huge inspiration to me since it first came out on the Playstation, so yeah, love the new ones:) thanks alot!

XCO likes this.
  7. ANTMAN0079

ANTMAN0079

So, what exactly is the game about? I understand the idea of a race with some sort of combat. But what is the goal? Do you guys have this planned out yet?

8. Kelde

Kelde

Oh same as most other racing games i guess, you gain xp for races and kills and unlock items to customize your character. Theres alot of challenges also that unlocks the more "cooler" items. Its the same goal as Race Day, Mario Kart, Fun Run i would assume, have a fun time and climb the ladders, only this one allows for more controlled races since you control everything the character does, he is not on rails like in say Fun Run.

9. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Beau-ti-ful.

But.
    The camera on the jumps is very jarring. Please fix that.

Oh-yeah I like your Nordic Pixel logo character too!

10. IO-Fox

IO-Fox

Now that game looks fun! Which mobile platform are you targeting?

11. Kelde

Kelde

@theANMATOR2b, thanks, we only needed one confirmation for the camera, we also felt it was a abit...aggressive:p As for the character, we really wanna put him in some sort of small game:p Thanks!

@Tayer, Its for mobile, both Android and iOS. Personally i'd like to be on PC, but probably not for this game, would need some UI redesigning atleast. Thanks alot!

theANMATOR2b likes this.