Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Multiplayer play tools present checkbox not showing

Discussion in 'NetCode for ECS' started by EagL-, Feb 5, 2021.

1. EagL-

EagL-

As I've understood it, I should be able to choose which client to present by checking a checkbox below each client world. The problem I'm having is that only the checkbox below ClientWorld0 is showing. How do I switch to the other clients?
    I'm also having problems building multiplayer projects, how do I do that? Only the tan/grey background shows up in my builds regardless of how I build my project.

Attached Files:

2. tertle

tertle

I assume your problem is the other clients are thin clients.

3. EagL-

EagL-

Oh ok, do you know how I get multiple actual clients? Because the docs say that you should be able to switch between them and I’ve seen it done too.

4. timjohansson

timjohansson

Unity Technologies

Support for multiple clients presenting was dropped a while back because it did no work with hybrid rendering. We want to bring back support for it or something similar, but I can't say when that will happen.

5. EagL-

EagL-

Ok that makes sense. I'm also confused if and how I can build a standalone combined client-server build (for example with the netcube example). What defines should I have set and what other build settings are important?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  6. timjohansson

timjohansson

Unity Technologies

You should remove the defines for client server and not have any defines. The NetCode Conversion Settings in the build config should either be "Client And Server" or you should not have that component at all. You also need to make sure you are not setting the scene system BuildConfigurationGUID to client only or server only versions of the data if you have those configurations present.
    I'm not sure NetCube is setup to build standalone client / server correctly - but asteroids is and there is a Client/Server build config for it.