Search Unity

Multiplayer Online Battle Arena - Game Example

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Nov 7, 2013.

1. DevionGames

DevionGames

Obsolete

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  2. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Wow this one comes with a project editor too.

3. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

We need install instructions.

Assets/Mecanim Event/Scripts/Editor/MecanimEventEditor.cs(49,48): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEditorInternal.State.GetMotion(UnityEditorInternal.AnimatorControllerLayer)' has some invalid arguments

4. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes install instructions will come this weekend.

But this is because unity changed the GetMotion parameter in the new version. I updated the package and changed the minimum required unity version to 4.2.2 (latest).

5. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

still getting errors when I open the project editor:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    Level.OnGUI () (at Assets/MOBA/Scripts/Level/Level.cs:26)
    LevelDatabase.OnGUI () (at Assets/MOBA/Scripts/Level/LevelDatabase.cs:75)
    ProjectEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/MOBA/Scripts/Editor/ProjectEditorWindow.cs:36)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/c514da0c8183631c/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

6. DevionGames

DevionGames

It is because you have not added the existing levels to the BuildSettings. Going to add a warning message for this.

Edit: Added the warning message.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  7. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Its all working now. The editor is great. It makes it easy for even me to add content.

It works just like the rpg kit editor so its mostly just add my assets.

8. hcwork

hcwork

I tried the demo, I am confused by the camera. The movement is strange. I expect that it would be more like the mouse turns you. When I turn around, the camera does not snap behind me. Am I missing something?

9. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Hmmm could be fun...

Attached Files:

10. DevionGames

DevionGames

Well yes got this feedback already from 2 people. Going to add the character rotation by camera back again :D

11. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Any word on the documentation on this or a set up video?

12. warmosutache

warmosutache

Hi, just bought this awhile ago, and I got 38 errors saying identical stuff like this "Assets/MOBA/Scripts/Player/CharacterSelectionSlot.cs(8,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'UILabel' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?"

Even though everything is currently present, what gives?

13. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hello, sorry for the late aswer, i am ill. You need to import at least NGUI v3.0.4

14. MrMassively

MrMassively

Nice,
    I am always interested in a Moba game kit,

you know me, i am all for critique, bad or good i always add my point of view to any online game kit.

But ohh boy, ohh boy, :-(

i have tried the web player demo and hate to say i am fairly disappointed.
    I hope this is an ongoing dev kit with future features coming and not just a final feature wise release.
    but you are missing the main moba core basic features.

What i am saying here is that the price tag is quite steep for the actual package features :-(
    let me back what i am stating.

- let me start with the actual main moba's genre heart and soul is the matchmaking system, which your kit lacks, no matchmaking = no moba.
    at least for the past decade any moba out there has its matchmaking system to accommodate players battles. ln other words, matchmaking usually go hand by hand with a moba.

-a modern moba at least from the past decade usually has a lobby area where all players can make friends and meet to queue for a battle,or chat eachother or create a custom group to challenge other group. imo, this is also is a core feature of a moba.
    your kit seems like a stripped out copy of your rpg kit login system char select join room which do not relate to a moba genre style.

-a moba is all about pvp, therefore there has to be a gameplay for a battle match, ie: 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3, 5vs5 teams etc..., where
    there are different kind of scenario challenges, ie: conquest, deathmatch, capture the flag, etc......
    not just a join room with the others, or create room to see if others will join with no challenge scenario gameplay.

-usually in a moba there are skills system, level up, achievements, inventory , minimap, friends , and dont forget the ingame team minions AI helpers and challenge AI turrets etc....

I can just go on and on, but why make it more painful.
    my point here is that this kit is far from being a moba at its current state. and way out overpriced, since one can download the "Photon Unity Networking FREE EDITION" from assetstore which has a few free basic scenes examples with the similar or more features this kit offers ie:
    -DemoFriendsAndCustomAuth
    -DemoWorker

if i look at saving or spending $50, I would of just use the Photon Unity Networking FREE EDITION and use the $50 to buy "dungeon breaker kit" which offers excellent battle scenario startup for pvp wich include all the basic gameplay ie: skills, level up ,quests, shop, AI, etc.... single player tho, but with a little time invested and tweaking using examples from Photon Unity Networking FREE EDITION,
    One can achieve a fully fledged multiplayer pvp mini games.

Sorry, I dont mean to be harsh on you, but that is my honest opinion as I have given to others, in fact you and I have given to other multiplayer kit developer from assetstore stating true facts.
    so now it was your turn for critique :) and I hope you take it for good and help you improve your product for success.

If I ever release a kit of my own, ill be happy to be my turn to be criticized by you so i can improve my kit. :)

I would recommend the followings:
    since this is far from being a moba kit at its current state and assuming you will be adding features over time,
    start with early adopter license for $10 as it is right now, since the existing $50 is outrageous price, price to features comparison ratio wise.

then as you add more basic features related to a moba ie: matchmaking, skills, level up, friends, groups, etc...start increasing price, gradually.

anyways hoping my .02 critique will help you to improve your kit for good and make lots of sales and happy customers

kindly regards.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  15. warmosutache

warmosutache

I was actually hoping for updates as well, right now it certainly lacks "MOBA", it's super basic. It does say ver. 0.1 though. I would like to receive an assurance that this will be updated over time

16. nixter

nixter

Zerano is pretty good about updating his projects (at least his most recent ones). His RPG Kit 2.0 came out in February and he's been pushing updates and changes to it on a regular basis all year. I suspect if this is his new focus, you can look forward to a steady release cycle. Of course that depends on the community demand.

Definitely one of the better asset developers on that count.

17. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

This is true. While I have spoken to him about making this kit a full MOBA he does update his kits quite often. One of the things you discount is that this kit is starting off with an editor framework that will grow with the features.

Most kits start with a few features and the promise of more but very few start with an editor framework like this one.
    You also called it a stripped down version of his other kit but I find this a plus as it will make adding the new features it takes to make this a full MOBA kit much less of a process. This means faster updates.

Though for my part I would like to see his kits in more than fantasy genre but scifi may be added later to this and his other kit. (though I think this is due to his lack of license for scifi GUI and models.)

Every feature you listed and more has already been discussed and hopefully will be added as fast as he has added features to his other kits.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  18. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes it will be updated over time, but there will be no ai controlled npcs included.

@MrMassively : Thanks for your feedback, this helps to improve it.

19. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Very nice the character editor has an add component button on it. Makes it super easy.

20. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

If he offers support for these kits that could round out it all for the kit..
    Killer Waves
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/214677-80-off-Dark-Tonic-insanity-sale!-Limited-time-only

Dialog system
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/204752-Dialogue-System-for-Unity

21. aspire9

aspire9

good to hear you keep this kit alive. it has a lot of potential!

22. aspire9

aspire9

Zerano,
    are you going to add some of these things (beside a better lobby, which you already mentioned in a other thread)?
    Customer need to know what they can expect from this kit, to know if it's worth purchasing and working with it.

23. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes, all the points are for me part of the lobby except the last one, which will not be integrated.

24. aspire9

aspire9

Thanks for your fast reply.
    Altough, no inventory is a big letdown, cause that means there will be no item/weapon support (probably)...

25. DevionGames

DevionGames

I will release a NGUI inventory and equipment system, however this will not be part of this game example but compatible with it.

26. aspire9

aspire9

oh ok this sounds a lot better now :D
    do you have an estimated release date?

27. DevionGames

DevionGames

I do not realy like to give estimate dates :D , i can only say that the inventory system still needs a global database and both systems need a saving functionality.

28. aspire9

aspire9

Take all the time you need :D i'm sure it will be worth the wait.

I can't be the only one waiting for updates on this asset?
    I mean, there are plenty of MMO,RPG and other starter kits on the asset store but this is the first MOBA-Style kit! i think this is huge.

29. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hehe i think you are the only one, it was not sold that good, but i think it has something todo with the missing moba style features. I hope to bring the update "soon". The login module is improved, but not integrated yet :(

30. aspire9

aspire9

Oh ok, yeah it's definitely because the basic features are still missing. the price is also pretty high right now, but will be fine once the update with more features is included.
    I'm SURE you will see more sales by the time the asset is complete / more features are included.
    i say this because MOBA games get alot of hype currently and have a huge userbase ( for example LoL). a lot of devs would try and use a moba style kit for unity. :D

31. neopan

neopan

does the rpg kit supercede this?
    meaning.. since the rpg kit has networking and inventory, if my goal was to make an mmorpg, would i be better off starting with that kit or addign to this one?

does the other have a database attached for persistence?

32. DevionGames

DevionGames

Both kits are not made for mmorpg sorry.

33. Dean Avanti

Dean Avanti

I have to quote MrMassively
    If it had these things then I would pay more than its present selling price. At present I cannot buy because I need these functions, I am not sure this will have them in the future, so cannot invest into this. I hope you re evaluate and bring out a bigger feature set :D you will have an eager customer if you do

34. aspire9

aspire9

zerano stated in a post above that these features will be integrated into future updates.
    so i would suggest to keep an eye on this thread ;)

35. Kronos9294

Kronos9294

I don't care about any of the updates. This is exactly the fun little game I want to build on, I just want to know how I can add my own models and animations. I can't find Instructions to do so. :( Please help me out man, I bought this and I like how it is right now to be honest.