Search Unity

Multiplayer local player splitscreen feature

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by Rockwall33, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Rockwall33

Rockwall33

Hello Unity!

You guys have made a amazing demo! I can not wait to try it out, and learn from it!!

Is having a 4 player splitscreen multiplayer (with other pcs) on the roadmap? What I mean is like in Minecraft or Mariokart, or even Halo you can play up to 16 people, with 4 players per console, will this new networking solution you guys are building be able to sustain that?

I have been researching this topic high and low, and so far I only see AAA studios having this feature, how could this be added in so it can enhance not only this demo, but networking in Unity?

Thank you,
    Xalo

2. Mogens_H

Mogens_H

Unity Technologies

I would really love this, but it is not something we have on the roadmap. We have a lot of stuff on the network side we want to improve first - but it would be really interresting to try to tackle world replication and relevansy stuff in a splitscreen setting.
    We will keep it in mind when moving forward, but it is not something we are actively trying to achieve

Rockwall33 likes this.
  3. Rockwall33

Rockwall33

Thank you for your response!! I am hoping one of these days it could come together, thank you for keeping it in mind!! :D

Keep up the good work!!! :)

Thank you!!
    Xalo