Search Unity

Multiplayer Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Nov 30, 2011.

?

Next Update?

1. Collision

50 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. Day Night Cycle

72 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Save the level , skills and inventory...

152 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. Character Customization

92 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. Teleportation portals

13 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Basic GM commands

37 vote(s)
    8.6%
  7. Resolution dependand GUI

15 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. kinajeu2

kinajeu2

Awesome I hope so too

With the drop thing I would like it the way it is now, Because if you wanted to drop a item to give to a friend it would only work with a trade system, but maybe a dropped item can delete its self if its been there for too long this would get rid of your world becoming a big junk yard with lag also.

2. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes i saw it in many games, that items decay with the time(ultima online, metin2...)

3. jaybones_old

jaybones_old

Is this still an option with the discount?
    More i read and watch your videos, more i want to start digging into code..
    but i'm on fix income and get payed Bi-weekly :(

jay

4. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes this is still an option, but the price of the kit has already been raised(because of updates...). The kit costs 150$.

it would be:

1. 60$
    2. 30$
    3. 30$
    4 30$

You can also pay weekly if you wish.
    Write me a pm if you would like to use it.

5. danielo

danielo

oh ok thanks for clearing this up.
    Regarding the weapon drop, i like it the way it is now but would welcome the idea that items decay with the time.

6. jaybones_old

jaybones_old

Sent you Pm...

I guess the item decay would work...
    I can just see ninja looting for big boss droping items on the ground..

Guess i played Wow to much :)

7. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thanks for purchasing!

If you have any questions or problems, you can always contact me.

Also via skype: tharon211

8. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I personaly like the loot on body method. It is a problem in many mmo dropping loot on the ground. You might make it despawn but if you are killing masive amounts of mobs the lagg would build up. It also stops others from taking your loot while your fighting other mobs. And remember some quests may want to have a loot a quest item goal.

9. DevionGames

DevionGames

I think it would be great to set it up individual for each npc. So you would be more flexible, some monsters drop loot like it is now and some with click on corpse...

10. jaybones_old

jaybones_old

i been working on few mods and wanted to run a client on lan...
    i wanted play test few things, but client hard coded for local(127.0.0.1)
    i notice only place for local ip thats hard coded is in lobby prefab..
    If i wanted to point this to local ip ETC(192.168.1.10) will this be only place i need to change..

jay

11. agriffin

agriffin

Hi, I am possibly interested in this but I wish to know more about how path finding is handled. I've searched around but I cant find much info on it! Is it done server side? If so, it is based on level geometry? Thank you!

12. DevionGames

DevionGames

You need also to change the ip on the server, you can do that with the admin panel, if your server is running type in in your browser http://localhost:8080/admin/

There is no pathfinding at the moment, i only integrated the collision.

13. jaybones_old

jaybones_old

Nope, i change lobby script and setup server no luck
    on local pc it hangs up after you login

on remote pc it dont login or req at all...
    i think were you tell client to run php file will need full string..
    i think thats why its stuck.
    etc "192.168.1.21/save.php"
    going to try it.

:(

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  14. Ben-Stoneman

Ben-Stoneman

Services Support

Looking Shweet!

15. DevionGames

DevionGames

Do you open the ports 9933 for TCP and UDP on your firewall?You do not need the full string.
    Do you changed your external ip for both TCP and UDP?

@B.Stoneman: thanks

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  16. jaybones_old

jaybones_old

This laptop has firewall off.
    In smartfox server i have 4 socket Ips
    i try just my local, then i tryed all 4 with no luck

and in the LobbyGUI.cs i changed:
    i'm running out of idea's

jay

17. DevionGames

DevionGames

Do you changed also the ips in the inspector view, because it will override the string in the script. If you have teamviewer, i could setup it for you, so you can see how to do it.

Let me know if you wish, that i setup it for you.

18. jaybones_old

jaybones_old

I fix it. Finally got it to work.
    i sync my MonoDevelop to my project and had it find all the "localhost" and 127.0.0.1
    and replace them all..
    i added a few debug logs as well lol, now it works i might redo a fresh copy i hack the hell out code.

But thanks for the help.. I will download team viewer i'm sure i may need help in future.

What are you working on for next update??

thanks,
    jay

19. DevionGames

DevionGames

In the next updates there will be only one editor for all settings, like i showed in the last video, also i am planning to make something like a patching system, pathfinding and bugfixing/more optimization.

Please report every single bug you see with the error message(also if you know how to fix it by yourself) so i can fix it for all.

20. hesa2020

hesa2020

My Paypal account bugged.
    well everything transaction as been refunded and paypal account are freezed so well im gonna repay it soon.
    For the Pathfinding Unity 3.5 include a nice one for Pro user

21. DevionGames

DevionGames

Pathfinding must be done on the server side :D Client is only for showing the art.

22. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

This kit has so many mmo features. It wont be long before the only thing we need to do is change a few things for our specific games and add our own content.

I know zerno has had a few pitfalls with people sharing his project but I am very happy to see that he did not give up on us. For the price we are getting so much and it continues to be updated. We need to take the time to say thank you for sticking in here for us all.

Thanks BigZ

Captain Rip
    Space Dwarves

23. kinajeu2

kinajeu2

Yes very true I appreciate it so much Thanks Zerano

24. danielo

danielo

The new update sound great!
    Buy this kit guys, it is defintitely worth it!

25. kinajeu2

kinajeu2

so when would the next update be comming?

26. DevionGames

DevionGames

I do not know, i am playing diablo 3 at the moment :D

27. jaybones_old

jaybones_old

LOL, alsome game. Got a demon hunter to 38 so far..
    Blizzard did nice job on the game. But i wish there servers were more stable.
    jay

28. danielo

danielo

can't wait for the new update!!
    The editor is exactly what this kit needs, to make stuff alot less complicated :)
    also a patching system would be a very nice feature.

29. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Patching system for runtime would be great. But these editors are whats going to change developement difficulty in most our games. I cant wait.

30. Norton084

Norton084

Looks really nice! I like the reg/log menu a lot

31. portgalaxy

portgalaxy

Please reply to my PM when you get a chance. I'd really like to get you to program some features since you have good experience with SmartFoxServer 2x, Unity3D. I'm waiting to hear from you and would like to get a few things done as soon as possible. If you can't do it please let me know too.

32. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thanks for your compilemts!

pm send.

33. danielo

danielo

a suggestion for the next update would be to add throwable weapons and other items which can be held in the inventory (e.g. health potion,...)

34. portgalaxy

portgalaxy

Please let me know if you can do some work for me :D

35. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

PM'd you. Have not heard from you in a while.

36. danielo

danielo

don't let the hype around this kit decline Zerano, talk about the upcoming update or something to keep people interested and to get you more customers :)

37. DevionGames

DevionGames

hi, i already said what i am planning to update. I can only do one thing good at the same time(at the moment i am playing diablo 3). In a week i will be working again on the kit.

regards zerano

38. portgalaxy

portgalaxy

In a week will you do custom work for me? I need to know so I can either wait or look for someone else to do the work.

39. hesa2020

hesa2020

Hey do you think you can Split the Login and the character selection on different scene
    so we can make dynamic background with terrain and 3d models in login scene and same in selection scene but in selection scene display all the character and when you select one it will show a circle under them,
    In my lobby script i already added the selection character and then click enter button but im not good with Java so i dont know how to send request for all character item and then send and display them in unity.

I think its a feature alot people want.
    probably delete the vote poll on this thread and make a fresh new one, people can request what they want and you can make a list and vote for where to start.
    not for the next update cuz u already planned something but maybe for the update after the next or for version 2.0

And im 100% you need to add these stats :
    If you can Finalize HP it will be good thing too because currently HP does not save
    And you dont have MaxHp based on level so a good thing will be to make a table called "levels" in database and make these row :
    So that way Everybody who have the kit can customize stats , exp , hp of each level ( stats without any gear )

And if you can add Stats to weapon and start armor will be really good because this is something everybody need asap !

PS : Just suggestion ;)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  40. DevionGames

DevionGames

hesa, are you waiting for the next update to buy it again and to call paypal a conflict again?

PS : Just suggestion, it is not fair!

41. TBYG

TBYG

This is a kit to get you STARTED on making an MMO. He is not going to do everything for you. If you want the Character Select and Login on a different scene, do some research and learn how to do it yourself. It is actually fairly easy.

As for the stats, he already has some basic stats in the kit. Take what he has created and expand on it. He isn't going to tailor this kit to your (or anyone else's) specific needs. This is a starter kit, not an out of the box MMO that requires no work on your part.

And lastly, at least pay for the kit before you start making requests...sometimes I truly can't believe the nerve of people.

I haven't played with the kit in awhile, but why not do something like pathfinding for your next update? Or something along those lines to get yourself so more sales, something that's not so easy to implement. The kit is a great starting point for anyone willing to take some time and learn.

42. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thanks Ruin, i have nothing to add!

As you can read on page 19, i have already said what i want to make in the next updates:

43. hesa2020

hesa2020

I never contacted paypal to start a conflict , my paypal account got closed and every transaction as been automaticly refunded , now i cant link my CC on a new account because its already linked to a account -.-

Ah really i though the kit to start MMO was : http://zerano-unity3d.com/wp/?p=91

And for me a KIT ... is a KIT ... and a KIT is something who already include ALL !!!!
    ELSE THIS IS NOT A KIT !!!

Well as you can SEE ... this is what people want , this is what they voted on the vote poll
    :D

And for the character selection ... dont tell me you dont have time to make this or something else ...
    You already made it ! just add it to the kit
    Video
    And Spell Bar too you done it !
    Video

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  44. portgalaxy

portgalaxy

I take it you're not doing custom work at the moment? Because you aren't replying to me...

45. lzt120

lzt120

It seems no documentation for this kit and please correct me if any.

46. danielo

danielo

there are a lot tutorial videos on the first page.
    also there was a link to a online documentation for the kit somewhere in this thread

47. danielo

danielo

you sound really arrogant dude.
    I don't know what happened with your paypal and everything but it sounds like in the end you did not pay for the pack and you still kind a tell zerano what he has to do and even blame him for several things... that's not right.

48. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Wow just wow.
    So you have the kit but didnt pay for it and you can still be arrogant.
    First what you consider a kit is does not matter since it is commonly known as a starting point in the industry not everything done for you.
    You posting here just makes it harder for those of us who accualy paid for the kit and have waited since he first planned this kit.

We have had custom work done and plan more from him when the next update is done. But people who are demanding even without paying have made him need a break hence his time checking out diablo 3 for a bit.

I know everyone wants more to get done but lets please wait for the next update before pushing for another.

49. hesa2020

hesa2020

Well if i paid it or not it does not matter because at the send of the story im gonna buy it anyway , and more time it take more higher i pay it
    so more zerano make money !@

50. comicbb

comicbb

Dear Zerano

I got a NullReferenceException when I loigin to game.
    the unity show these message

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    TalentTree.OnGUI () (at Assets/MultiplayerKit/Game/Scripts/GUI/Skills/TalentTree.cs:31)

I made a breakpoint at this line 31

private void OnGUI ()
    {
    if (talentDragging) {
    DragTexture (draggingId);
    }

foreach (DraggableWindow window in talentWindows) { <<<-------------------------------------------------------------------line31
    window.WRect = GUI.Window (window.WindowId, window.WRect, TalentWindow, "", "label");
    }
    }

the talentWindows == null
    and
    the window == null
    Could you give me a hint how to handle it?

Thanks a lot