Search Unity

Multiplayer Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Nov 30, 2011.

?

Next Update?

1. Collision

50 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. Day Night Cycle

72 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Save the level , skills and inventory...

152 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. Character Customization

92 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. Teleportation portals

13 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Basic GM commands

37 vote(s)
    8.6%
  7. Resolution dependand GUI

15 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thank you! :D

2. danielo

danielo

Hey Zerano, is it possible to have a server-side day/night cycle?
    A day/night cycle is no problem, but it should be synchron for everyone playing. I'm thinking also about some quests only beeing active at night and some only during the day. You think this is possible?

3. DevionGames

DevionGames

Of course it is possible :D

4. JetSoap

JetSoap

Pm: sent

5. danielo

danielo

do you have plans to add this function in the next / future updates?

6. DevionGames

DevionGames

Maybe in the future, but not for the next update, because the next update will be on collision and this is a little bit more work...

7. DevionGames

DevionGames

I found the bug, which apeard after 10 reconnections, so only the loginscreen was shown and then nothing happens.
    For fast fix, i am attaching the extension so you can replace your current one. You will get the fixed source code with the next Update. If you need the source code before the update let me know, there is only one line to add!

Sorry for that bug!

Attached Files:

8. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I am deffinately going to guy this kit in the next 2 days or so. Could you please put up a web player Demo for us to test it.

9. DevionGames

DevionGames

I am sorry, but i do not have a server where i can run smartfox, because of that i have made very detailed videos.

10. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Ok i will buy it before friday. I'm trying to get it before the next update. I have been realy digging into your RPG starter kit and i fully plan my second game to use it. But I cant wait to start with this kit since my first game will be muti-player.

Keep up the amazing work.

11. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thank you for your purchase!

If you have any questions, you can always ask me on skype or here via pm.

12. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

How about after you finish the collitions you do something like this:

Character Customization
    An avatar creator, where you get to dress up your character, change the clothing, etc.
    You could convert the example from unity Pro to unity basic for example and add the following.

Add:
    Height
    Weight
    Skin tone

13. JetSoap

JetSoap

oh that whould be awesome :D

14. DevionGames

DevionGames

I will see what i can do, i have not started with the collision at the moment, my last exam is on tuesday, then i have 1 month of "free" time.
    Something like a poll, on what to do next, would be good, but i can not find out how to start a poll :D

Edit: ahh saw it! i will summarize ideas and make a poll

15. danielo

danielo

good idea, there are some very good ideas posted in this thread already!

16. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I would realy love to see the Character Customization feature done but I must admit the gambler in me is excited about a poll.
    Pluss remember no matter what we all win with Zerano working on it.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  17. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

If you guys dont mind I would like to ask what MMO"s are you working on? I'll start off with my project.

The Space Dwarves Theme:

After the Earth became overcrowded, we found a new solar system and lots of new Earths were terraformed and colonized by corporations formed to represent earth country regions. In the year 2561 three major corporations emerged and controlled the three different planet clusters. Space had become commercialized. In 2581 earth authorities banned any militarization of space colonies. The colonies were governed by contracts and treaties instead of military might. R.O.M.E (Robotic Off-world Mineral Extractors. Inc.) controlled the planetoids closest to earth. These small earths were the richest in minerals and resources out of all off the known planets.

A deadly virus spread throughout the colonies killing everyone over the age of thirteen.

It was not long before the corporation discovered what happened. In an effort to cleanse the colonies of this virus and recover their assets, the company set out to exterminate the remaining children.
    The current setting is the children organizing and training to fight off the companies exterminating forces. Military ships and weapons have been discovered in violation of Earths non militarization order. The children must learn how to use them and organize a fighting force to not only fight off the coming attack from Earth but also contend with military robots activated by the company on the planets and in space to kill the children.
    The children discover that they will need a bionic implant to keep from dieing from the virus when they enter puberty. The two games will be centered around gaining program upgrades (skills) for their implants to enhance their training in the Bionic Marine corps and the Space Fleet. The Game will take place in the two academies witch will be located on the planets and space stations located in each system.

Maybe as developers we can start a skype channel and help each other out or discuss issues we may all have with this engine instead of posting or bugging zerano for everything.
    My skype is: crong6131

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  18. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Any word on the poll?

19. DevionGames

DevionGames

Will prepare it today and post it in the evening.

20. LukasvonKartoffel

LukasvonKartoffel

Hi poeple :)

I've baught the pack yesterday, and tried it today... one word : AMAZING :D

It's very easy to use, and Zerano do the support very well. Thanks to him

Lukas

My vote for next update : Save the level , skills and inventory...

21. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Oh man I sugetsted the charater custum feature but I realy want everything on this poll. This is such an mazing kit and im not making a full mmo, just a difforent take on multiplayer. Good work.

22. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thank you guys!

23. danielo

danielo

it is really hard to choose from that list! i hope we will get all of those features in the future :-D

24. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Looks like the poll has 2 clear leaders so would it be possable to do those 2 first? Both are great features. We do need all of them on the poll but those two would make the most impact on our game developements.

25. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes, i will do the 2 first, but i am ill and only check my emails, can't realy work on computer at the moment.

26. danielo

danielo

hope you get well soon zerano! ;-) can't wait for the next update, can you say how long it takes you approximatly to finish it?

27. DevionGames

DevionGames

The saving part is fast maybe 2 hours, i have to think how i will do the character customization, maybe some people who voted for that, could write down some examples or show a link with an example how they want this.

28. danielo

danielo

29. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I haven’t seen many outside the Character Customization example from unity. The only problem with that one is it’s for pro and uses asset bundles. There is a free one on unity store that changes skin tone also and clothing color but it doesn’t change much else. I am not sure how you would do the Height and Weight without destroying animations but then again I’m not a programmer fully.

@danielo
    Yes i have watched those vids and i think that would be amazing.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  30. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

31. poboczny

poboczny

Ubrin begins - character pack

true - it doesnt changa body, and it will not but will have many features like many races and 2 genders.

Although it is possible to create a changable body, but
    TONE of work, tone of scripting and modeling.

- it seems although quite simple:
    create some bones that are not animated but they describe the thickness or lenght of a body part :)

so there will be much more bones, but its doable :)

32. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

True it may be better just to go with difforent race and look and just keep the fatter or taller ones for npc's only. Your kit is fantastic and would probably only require adding textures and such to add more cloths and hair styles. I do wonder however if your scripts and system would let me replace the base models and outfits since my game will have teens as characters.

33. hjupter

hjupter

WTB this :D... xp system +1

Q. I'm able to modify the networking, UI and database right?
    lets say i want to use different solutions for that

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  34. DevionGames

DevionGames

There is already an exp system.

Yes you can modify the extension, gui and database. You will get the full client and server source code!

Edit: I hope to put the next update to ftp tomorrow. :D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  35. hjupter

hjupter

Oh really? didnt saw that on the feature list or videos, anyways I'm buying it now.

Save levels, skills and inventory its much more needed than Character Customization, you can make an mmo without character customization then add that later but how to make an mmo without being able to save your items... you get my point? ;)

36. DevionGames

DevionGames

Both(Saving and Character Customization) is mostly done,i have to finish some small parts and will do that today and upload the kit!

37. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

will you be making a patch for those of us who have it so to speak or do we have to redownload the new version?

38. hjupter

hjupter

has anyone being able to run this on a live server? im trying with amazon cloud the server its running fine but when try to login it says success but the login and pass doesnt even exist on the database

Connected...
    Logged in successfully
    UDP error:

:S

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  39. Wiser

Wiser

We have it up and running and have had some people login and run around. On your server look in the config folder of sfx for the server.xml file. At the top make sure you have both the udp and the tcp socket addresses listed...<socketAddresses>
    <socket address="127.0.0.1" port="9933" type="TCP"/>
    <socket address="127.0.0.1" port="9933" type="UDP"/>
    <socket address="serverip" port="9933" type="TCP"/>
    <socket address="serverip" port="9933" type="UDP"/>
    </socketAddresses>. Not sure if you need the server ip ones, but we have them listed.

Let me know if it works. Will try to guide you further if it doesn't.

40. hjupter

hjupter

Didn't work :(

41. DevionGames

DevionGames

You have to download the new version, i will let you all know if the new version is on ftp.

@hjupter: Do you have any sfs error in the console? Do you added the ports to your firewall?
    If there are no errors and you added the ports, let me know, so i can see what i can do with teamviewer :D

42. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I am having that error.
    SFS DEBUG] ## BlueBox Error: System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
    how do i add the ports to the firewall?

43. Avanger

Avanger

the new version is avirableor no??

44. hjupter

hjupter

I tried on linux the service was running fine added the ports and didnt work i had to reinstall the smartfox like 5 times so i decide to try with windows, tried now the service doesnt start on my host, tried on my pc started one time i closed tried again and doesnt work, already reinstalled and nothing T_T

Just noticed sfsx2 doesnt run after install the patch

45. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I got it to work now up to the part were i click create.

46. DevionGames

DevionGames

Any error/messages, i can't help without knowing the error message.

I had todo some support yesterday, so no chance to work on the update, i hope to finish it today, if all goes well :D

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  47. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Fixed. Not by me zerano spend quite some time getting it working for me. tyvm.

48. Avanger

Avanger

But the version 1.4 is avirable??

49. DevionGames

DevionGames

Update 0.4
    Saving Inventory, Skills, Stats, Talents...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  50. DevionGames

DevionGames

I also wanted to let you know, that you can use the Multiplayer Kit with the new unity 3.5 version.