Search Unity

Feedback Multiplayer game with hdrp?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by unknownsk, Jul 23, 2021.

1. unknownsk

unknownsk

Hi i am making hdrp horror game and its all fine, but i am also going to make it multiplayer later so as i know in hdrp you can not use more then 1 camera? thats so stupid unity needs to fix this first of all. so i never made miltiplayer before but if you can not have more then 1 camera how can you make miltiplayer? or this does not affect on multiplayer? maby because its different machines? i just do not get it.

DiWut likes this.
  2. getmyisland_dev

getmyisland_dev

You can have multiple cameras you just have to disable all the cameras that are not on your player or whatever.

At least I made multiplayer games with multiple cameras so you can probably too.

3. LukeDawn

LukeDawn

Each client would have a single camera. The server/host doesn't need any cameras, unless it's also a client, in which case it would have a single camera.

4. unknownsk

unknownsk

ok thanks guys for reply, aslo did you used deticated servers? i am planning to make self hosted game, player will host its own game and invite others. and this should be posssible with unet for free right?

5. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

Just want to point out, you can have as many cameras as you want, you just need to make sure that the local client is the only one that has control over them, and if you have a camera on networked object prefabs (is better if you don't) the remote client gameobjects must disable or remove them from themselves.

unknownsk likes this.
  6. DiWut

DiWut

I guess it won't make many troubles, go ahead

getmyisland_dev likes this.
  7. unknownsk

unknownsk

thank you all :)