Search Unity

Question Multiplayer development for free :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kritankboy, Nov 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kritankboy

Kritankboy

Hello I am a guy in my mom's basement trying to create a game as a passion and maybe to earn something to prove myself. The point is that I got 0 budget and I wanna create a multiplayer game for mobile. So I searched about it and came to know servers would always cost ofc. But hosting a server on the host's device and letting others join it may work. Or would that require me to pay too? Like can I use the host's device as the client? And would that be free? And if yes, as I'll kinda have a client server that way so can people from all around the world connect to the room the host creates on his device? And can I do that using photon? If yes, as the server is working on the device, would that drain up the device resources alot causing the game to sacrifice performance? I am planning to have not more than 2-4 players in a room with not alot of syncing and stuffs. Sorry for so many questions, I just wanna do that :(
    Some screenshots from my mobile phone.
    It's a pretty simple game so networking should be fine. Screenshot_20221023_144302.jpg Screenshot_20221023_144250.jpg Screenshot_20221025_141456.jpg

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Are you trolling?

Ask relevant questions on the photon related. Or even better, write to photon asset maker.

In fact, such questions were already answered, if you use search you will find answers right away.

Kritankboy and DevDunk like this.
  3. Kamyker

Kamyker

Yes, use mirror/fishnet + epic transport, not photon.

r31o and Kritankboy like this.
  4. Kritankboy

Kritankboy

It's just soo confusing out there, I am sorry:(

5. Kritankboy

Kritankboy

Thankss gotcha man!!

6. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Off topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.