Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiplayer camera bug?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by markis, Sep 16, 2011.

1. markis

markis

Hello, i made simple game with animated player and player camera. i added came in player (parented). All scripts exept player script copyed from there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMN9jVbb-d4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL And then i making server camera is normal but then i connecting from we browser to my in unity3d created server somehow camera make bugs. web browser player camera looking to unity3d player camera but ther i walking it moving web browser player. Idk why but camera looking at diferent player. what i do wrong?

btw my english is bad, sorry for the mistakes in structure.

2. appels

appels

3. markis

markis

um... where did i need to paste this script? cuz in char control and camera scripts i added in start function this lines:
    Code (csharp):
    1. if(!networkView.isMine)
    2.     {
    3.         enabled = false;
    4.     }
    I dont realy know what them do but i see them in that video. For camera i using MouseOrbit script.

P.S. i looked in hierarchy and inspector menus and i sow one thing, the web browser char control script from unity3d is disabled but both camera scripts are enabled. How to fix it?

P.S.2. Ok i made with SendMessage the other player script turning off. And now i car move player and rotate my camera, but for my screen showing other player camera view. Why?

4. appels

appels

It's the same for everything, turn off what doesn't belong to your local player.

5. markis

markis

I dont understand... The camera script is turned off.. I tryed with friends to play and test but they cant connect.. Did someone can give me better tutorial?

6. appels

appels

Not being able to connect and using the wrong camera are different problems.
    You have to identify your errors and solve them 1 by 1.
    There is no real tutorial available for free but if you want to spend some dollars there is an exelent tut on the asset store.

7. markis

markis

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!! I made it work. I needed to disable whole camera, not just MouseScript. And the connection ploblem was the bad variable on TextFild. Thank you for your help.