Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiplayer AR Game?

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by donfour, Jan 4, 2019.

1. donfour

donfour

Does anyone have experience creating a multiplayer AR game? If so, do you mind giving like a simple code example explaining how it can be setup / pointing me to a good tutorial?

The closest code example I could find was this, but it was written 2 years ago, and the code does not work for me now. Thanks in advance!

2. mgear

mgear

that's not very old article, so pretty sure can make it work with few changes (or using older unity version).

otherwise the easy solution is to hire someone to do programming for your game.

3. donfour

donfour

It's a school assignment so I can't hire someone to do it :(

would really appreciate it if someone experienced in this area could point me in the right direction, right now I'm just going trial-and-error with the code

4. mgear

mgear

which part you are having the problem with?

5. donfour

donfour

Basically when I follow the code example above, I ran into a problem where each device can see its own cube (I’m using cubes instead of pikachus) fine, but the other cube is floating in the air (i.e. not fixed onto the imagetarget).

Attached is a screenshot of two devices connected together: the cube on the right is the device’s own cube, and is fixed onto the imagetarget properly, but the cube on the left is the other device’s cube, and is floating mid-air. In addition, the cube on the left moves when the other device is moved (e.g. pointing the camera to a different angle).

Attached Files: