Search Unity

Question Multichannel audio output

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ProjectileVomitTV, Apr 29, 2021.

1. ProjectileVomitTV

ProjectileVomitTV

Hi, I'm making a virtual production tool in Unity. I need to get multichannel output with control of the separate channels for monitoring (so not 5.1 surround for example).

The use case is that I have two microphones coming into Unity: one from a presenter in the studio, and another is remote from a contestant. In the studio the presenter should hear all Unity audio except their own, but including the contestant's; the remote contestant should hear the presenter's audio. The combined audio should go to OBS for streaming via Loopback, for example. So I need two stereo out pairs really. A stereo pair for the presenter's audio and a stereo pair for everything else. I need the microphone audio to go into Unity so I can get the correct spatialisation based on the positions of the presenter and contestant in the scene. I have a Motu Ultralite Mk4 with 8 outputs and am working on a Mac.

I've found what seem like a couple of solutions for Windows, but nothing I've tried seems to work on a Mac. I tried FMOD, but that just gives surround sound spatialisations rather than control of the individual channels.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm really struggling to work out if this is possible.

2. yogi_kenobi

yogi_kenobi

Did you ever find solution for this? I have this pretty much same need.