Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-scene support

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by RElam, Nov 13, 2015.

1. RElam

RElam

So I noticed that we have multiple scene editing support in 5.3, but is this also a move towards full multiple scene support or just loading? Right now I have a cool feature that is blocked by lack of this support. I want to allow the user to access a bestiary in game, when the game is paused, but the bestiary can't pass time since it has to be in the same scene as the game, which is paused. I'd personally like my UIs in a different scene as well, would be much cleaner IMO and likely a bit faster. Perhaps this should be a new term, World perhaps... or Universe.

2. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

Time is not run on a per-scene basis, so the new multi-scene functionality doesn't affect your Bestiary problem. If you're using Mecanim to drive the animations in the Bestiary, you can set the Animator components to be in 'manual' mode and then update them manually by calculating the real time that has passed.

3. RElam

RElam

While I am using Animator components, I'm also using physics, so that wouldn't do the trick.

I am still curious though if this is a problem that the dev team is interested in fixing in the future, as it may influence the direction of my own development a bit.