Search Unity

Multi Level Server

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Krisper, May 17, 2011.

1. Krisper

Krisper

Sorry for a very basic networking question. I am pretty new to Unity, and haven't done any networking before. My game is a multi level game where players could be on different levels. So I need to develop a server that keeps track of player transforms on multiple levels.

I don't need the server to show any objects at all, just to receive and transmit data, and possibly have some text displayed that scrolls down the screen showing some of the player information. But I am not sure where to start. Unity networking is so good it does everything for you but I need to break it down into my own scripts where I send and receive the data. I was hoping someone could give me a few tips on where to start with this.

2. appels

appels

most middleware servers implement stuff like rooms or area's so you can have different groups of players. you can use that to have players in different scenes

3. tcarr9

tcarr9

4. Krisper

Krisper

Thanks, that looks like a great option. And there are tutorials too, I need tutorials for stuff like this. I will definitely have a look.