Search Unity

Multi-layer clothes

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by korotkevich-md, Sep 3, 2012.

1. korotkevich-md

korotkevich-md

Hi!
    I need to implement multi-layer dressing of clothes for my character. For example, for wearing suit jacket over shirt or simultaneously wearing shirt and pants, with collisions between them. Can this thing somehow be realized in Unity? Or I need to connect 3d-party libraries? If so, which ones?

2. Loius

Loius

Collisions? That's pretty complicated.

The way I see most multi-layering is the artist makes the outer layers larger, and everything just matryoshka-doll's into place.
    I built my cloth clothing attached to the same skeleton as my character's mesh, and that way all the cloth bends correctly with the character. The clothing can be enabled/disabled/destroyed separately from the character mesh in Unity as well.

Rigid attachments (shin pads, shoes) work perfectly fine as children of the character's bones in Unity.

3. korotkevich-md

korotkevich-md

Thanks for answer.
    I can't afford to place all meshes in the scene and just enable/disable them, because of great amount of clothing. This will significantly increase the size of scene.
    The only option that I can see - to model each clothing combination separately. But again, great amount of clothing will increase time for modelling.