Search Unity

[Mulitplayer game] Players using same time but separate gameplay

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Djuroo, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Djuroo

Djuroo

Hi, I am relatively new to Unity.I made my game in single player but i am having some issues with multiplayer. I need some tips. Basically it is a puzzle game, so single player contain levels and gameplay is to solve the puzzle in minimal number of moves. What i want in multiplayer: Player can create new game and invite friends in lobby when all players are ready game should start. So when game begins all players have time to solve the puzzle and when the time expires they should see just leaderboard(number of moves and time if the player solved it). I couldn't find anything what helped me with this. I hope someone is going to give me some tips what is best to use in this case.

2. HarryMcCaffery

HarryMcCaffery

You would not even need a full blown multiplayer game for this- a simple approach would be to have a simple web server with a few php scripts handling the receiving and distributing of different scores.

Djuroo likes this.
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

You could do this through an online database, such as what Harry suggested, or one of the database as a service providers like GameSparks would probably work.

Any of the networking API's would also be able to handle this.

Djuroo likes this.
  4. Djuroo

Djuroo

Thank you very much for the reply guys, since i would implement logging in with google play service account i think the best solution would be to use Firebase since they have authentication and online database. Thank you again for your help. Cheers :D