Search Unity

MSDN Documentation and Safari

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marble, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Marble

Marble

It really irritates me that I can't navigate Microsoft's .NET API documentation in Safari. The search field doesn't work and the class tree that appears on the left of some pages fails to load. The code examples given there are also incompatible with my eyes.

I just needed to complain where someone would hear it. If the star rating in the upper right is any indication, Microsoft certainly doesn't.

:evil:

2. NCarter

NCarter

While it's nowhere near complete, I find the Mono documentation is a bit more bearable to work with than MSDN's.

3. freyr

freyr

4. NCarter

NCarter

Actually, looking again, MSDN's docs work perfectly well in Safari for me, both in terms of the navigation tree and the search function. Are you using a really old version of Safari?

The DotGnu docs look like a very good, lightweight alternative. Thanks for the link, freyr! :)

5. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

The MSDN site works fine in Safari for me, but in Firefox I have all sorts of problems.

6. Marble

Marble

That's weird. I'm using the latest version of Safari and the thing's a mess. On this page, the frame on the left permanently reads "Loading," and the search box in the upper right is completely unresponsive.

Mac OS 10.4.8, Safari 2.0.4 PPC

7. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

I checked that page and have the same problems as you. I don't use Safari much which explains why I hadn't noticed that before. Same software/os as you, but I'm on an Intel.

8. NCarter

NCarter

I've been starting from this page, which works fine. I think you're in some weird, parallel universe version of MSDN. ;)

9. AaronC

AaronC

The moment you whisper "windows" on the internet, Virus's instantiate and replicate like flies on a S*** and youll wish you were back on the unity forum. Im sure the .net stuff is useful but Microsoft is here to make sure our lives feel small weak and insignificant in the shadow of their infinite wisdom so even visiting their websites can boost prozac sales. I cant remember how many times I've navigated to a page on my mac and it gives some microsoft error. Cant say Ive had an apple error yet.

But thats no help either is it? Good luck
    AC

10. Marble

Marble

Wow. So I am.

It must have been the transporter accident last week.