Search Unity

Assets MS Vehicle System (Vehicle controller)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Marcos-Schultz, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Marcos-Schultz

Marcos-Schultz

Hello, thank you for contacting us to resolve your questions.

OK, let's go for parts.

* The deformation in their vehicles displaces the meshes because of the wrong scale of it. You can try changing some properties to correct this, for example:
    - Damage > DeformMesh > HitDamage = 0.1
    - Damage > DeformMesh > AreaOfDeformation = 0.2
    - Damage > DeformMesh > MaxDistortion = 0.2

* The current controller design forces you to start all vehicles together with the general controller, and this may in fact become a problem for some game styles.
    I am aware of this problem, and I fully agree with your point of view. In fact, I've been rewriting the controller base for some time now, so it's more comprehensive in this sense.
    The only problem is that I have little free time, so it may take a few months for the new controller to be released.

If this affects your project and the product does not suit it, I can try to get you a refund. If this is the case, send me an email to marcos11-24@hotmail.com to discuss the case.

2. Radu392

Radu392

No thank you it's all good, it only needed a few dozens lines of code to make it work at runtime! Thanks for the tip with deformations too.

Marcos-Schultz likes this.
  3. Pharmatronix

Pharmatronix

Hi there, how easy is it to set your controller up for nav mesh agents in order to have non-player-vehicles controlled by AI?

4. Marcos-Schultz

Marcos-Schultz

Hello. Currently the Controller does not support AI.

This is an expected improvement for a future upgrade that is already in production, but there is no release forecast yet (this is a new SceneController).

If this is a problem for your project or if this causes you some delay, please contact me by email: marcos11-24@hotmail.com explaining the situation.

I usually see the email more often than the forum.

5. Devision4

Devision4

Hello, is it possible to place the player model into vehicle when driving it? Just a sitting pose character which is visible when driving?!

6. Marcos-Schultz

Marcos-Schultz

Yes. This is a very simple thing to do, I can create a code for you in just a few minutes.

Could you tell me which version of the asset you are using?

7. Marcos-Schultz

Marcos-Schultz

New tutorial from asset version 3.4.0. A lot has changed!

This update will soon be available in store. The changes were as follows:
    ...............[Version 3.4.0]...............
    - The scene controller has been completely rewritten and enhanced!
    - Now the scene controller is created automatically when setting up any vehicle.
    - You no longer need to associate vehicles with a list on the central controller. The controller will do this automatically at any time.
    - Now vehicles can be instantiated and deleted in real time.
    - Now the player can be instantiated or deleted in real time.
    - Vehicles can now be controlled by any external code to enable AI creation.
    - There is no longer a need to have vehicles in the scene, this makes it possible to instantiate or delete vehicles at any time.
    - The input system has been completely rewritten to facilitate ease of use and remotely controlled vehicles.
    - It is now possible to attach to the vehicle a mesh that represents the player. This mesh will be activated or deactivated automatically when the player is inside the vehicle.
    - A simple example of AI is now included in the system to show a simple way to control the vehicle through other codes.
    - New demo scenes have been created.
    - The documentation has been updated.

Grumpy-Dot likes this.
  8. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

Hello, I 'm using the free version of the asset for now.
    I noticed that in all of the vehicle prefabs, the MS Vehicle Controller has swapped the serialization of the left vs right wheels.
    Ex: the vehicle's left wheels have been serialized to the right wheel related variables in the MS Vehicle Controller attached to the vehicle, and vice-versa.
    Is this intended, or should I correct this issue on my end?
    Thanks

9. Marcos-Schultz

Marcos-Schultz

Hello, this should not happen. Probably when I simplified the PRO o version and rebuilt the vehicles, I inadvertently reversed it.

Although this does not affect the free system at all (there are differences only in the PRO version because of the differential).

ArachnidAnimal likes this.