Search Unity

Question MRTK: Input Device Manager Data Provider

Discussion in 'AR' started by ashish4reality, Nov 2, 2020.

1. ashish4reality

ashish4reality

Dear All

While trying to Play a Unity project with MRTK example "Hand Tracking" I get following error message:
    Following are the steps I followed:

1) Created new project in Unity and change player settings to "Universal Platform"
    2) Imported MRTK & MRTK examples into the project (MRTK Version-2.5)
    3) Added MRTK scenes and "Hand Tracking" example from Asset folder
    4) Clicked "Play" button-> It showed the Objects for a second and then disappeared with following message.

Error:
    Unable to register IMixedRealityInputDeviceManager data provider (Windows Mixed Reality Device Manager) because the value of concreteType is null.

This may be caused by code being stripped during linking. The link.xml file in the Would be great if anyone could share their experience/knowledge to deal with this error.

Thanks & Kind Regards
    Ashish

2. AmirBarak51

AmirBarak51

Yeah, I'd be interested in an answer for this as well; getting the same error. Remove app connects but nothing shows when I try to play the scene.

3. scottlaforge

scottlaforge

Anyone find a solution to this? I'm in Unity 2020.3.2f1. We recently updated Unity from LTS 2019.4.20f1, at which point the errors appeared. When actually making a build for the HoloLens, all objects become pinned to the motion of the headset.

4. ComradeVanti

ComradeVanti

I fixed this by:
    - Going to Project Settings > XR Plug-in Management
    - Going to the Standalone tab (Next to the UWP tab)
    - Also enabling OpenXR and Windows Mixed Reality feature set here

5. MaryamKamel

MaryamKamel

this issues still persist till now :(

6. jeyalakshmi_chandrasekaran

jeyalakshmi_chandrasekaran

I faced the same issue while upgrading from Unity-2019 to Unity-2020.
    Try clicking the MRTK profile, and in the inspector, you can see that some properties are marked in red.

For example,
    Unable to register IMixedRealityInputDeviceManager data provider (Windows Mixed Reality Device Manager) because the value of concreteType is null.

Here if we choose the corresponding MRTK profile, and in the inspector, under the Input tab, if we open the Windows Mixed Reality Device Manager property dropdown, the profile will be marked in red. We can see a Repair button next to it. Clicking this (and repeating for all the properties that are displayed as errors in the console) will resolve the issue.

If the issue still persists, try removing the Legacy XR package from the package manager and make sure we have the XR-Plugin-Management installed. Also, make sure that the corresponding XR Loader (for the above example it's UWP->Windows Mixed Reality) is checked under ProjectSettings -> XRPluginManagement -> UWP tab or Standalone Tab.