Search Unity

MRC - AR_DEVICETRACKER <-> VR

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by lcharrie, May 21, 2019.

1. lcharrie

lcharrie

Hello,

How can I control the DeviceTracker.Mode (Rotational/Positional) used by the MRC.Set() function ?

It looks like the MRC allways uses the DeviceTracker mode in Vuforia Configuration. Setting
    Code (csharp):
    1. VuforiaConfiguration.Instance.DeviceTracker.TrackingMode = DeviceTracker.TRACKING_MODE
    has no effect.

I need to switch from AR_DEVICETRACKER (Positional Tracker), to VR (Rotational Tracker).

Quick example:
    - I start in AR with Positional Tracker enabled from Vuforia Confugurations
    - I stop the Positional Tracker, stop and deinit the CameraDevice, deinit the Positional Tracker
    - I init the Rotational Tracker, start the CameraDevice, start the Rotational Tracker
    - I call MRC.Set(HANDHELD_VR)
    - I got an Error because the MRC try to Init a Positional Tracker instead of the existing Rotational Tracker, and of course fail because a Rotational Tracker is already running.

Thank you for your help !

Quad

2. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

3. lcharrie

lcharrie

Hello meedabit,

Thank you for the answer.
    I had read this post: in the end, the user abandons the use of extended tracking in AR to be able to switch to VR.

This post is from February 2019: is there really no way to switch from AR extended tracking to VR using the MRC?

Has anyone managed to do so by simulating the actions of the MRC and could share his solution?

Thanks,
    Quad