Search Unity

MR camera's starting position

Discussion in 'VR' started by pratith89, Mar 31, 2018.

1. pratith89

pratith89

Hello,

I have set boundaries for the Mixed Reality headset so that I can move around. I am using MixedRealityToolkit and when I start my app, the MR camera seems to start at random positions (or I don't really understand how it works) inside the virtual world no matter what I set the position as in the editor before building it. I want the camera to start at a specific position and orientation inside the virtual space, that's all. Any help would be appreciated.

This is the only info I found in https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/VROverview.html:

"There are differences between seated and room-scale VR experiences:
    • If your device supports a room-scale experience, the Camera’s starting position is the center of the user’s play space.
    • Using the seated experience, you can reset Cameras to the neutral position using XR.InputTracking.Recenter().
    "

Is room-scale experience the one I am using, i.e., setting boundaries? If so, what does "center of the user's play space" mean? And is there any way to override this starting position?

Thanks!

EyePD likes this.
  2. Ran-Crump

Ran-Crump

3. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

4. superkakayong

superkakayong

Hey! I think I have found the solution, although it has been like 4 years. But I think it is worth recording for future people^.

You can simply use the HeadPositionOffset script provided by the MRTK package.