Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Moving Tracks between Timelines?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by SuppleTeets, Apr 14, 2018.

1. SuppleTeets

SuppleTeets

I'm attempting to move Tracks from one Timeline to another. The goal is to merge lots of timelines into a single timeline.

Any idea if this is possible or how to achieve this? I've only just begun with scripting Timeline and Playables so I'm a bit lost. If anyone has an insights I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

EDIT: I've found both "parent" & "timelineAsset" inside of the TrackAsset class, but they're both read-only. Also tried creating a group track and then using TrackAsset.SetGroup() but it won't let you move between timelines. Not looking good.

EDIT: I found this other thread finally, and ugh, I wish I knew what control tracks were before I went down this road! I'm using control tracks now instead.

*** NEW QUESTION! ***

My control tracks don't seem to work when I create a timeline at runtime. I'm generating a timeline that contains control tracks for several other timelines, but they don't appear to be controlled at all.

If I manually create everything it works. Shouldn't runtime control tracks work? Am I missing something? (I'm also using additive scene loading to jump between different scenes, that could cause issues I suppose)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018