Search Unity

Moving object in semi circle

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by aqeel25, Apr 17, 2019.

1. aqeel25

aqeel25

i have a object as a cylinder and other object rectangle placed above the cylinder.Now i want to move the rectangle half around that cylinder...i mean not 360 degree but 90 degree to one side and 90 degree to other..
    is that possible...If yes then how?

2. ProtagonistKun

ProtagonistKun

If I get this correctly, what you want to do is move a rectangle to both sides of a cylinder between 90 and -90 degrees. Fro this you can either use a RotateAround(CYLINDER) or you can child the rectangle to the cylinder and rotate the cylinder.

aqeel25 likes this.
  3. aqeel25

aqeel25

Actually the pink end is placed on the cylinder and i want to move this backwards and forward but as rotation around the cylinder only half of complete 360 degree ...half on side and half on other side...as a door that open to both in and outside

Attached Files:

4. ProtagonistKun

ProtagonistKun

5. bb8_1

bb8_1

Maybe this can help: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Transform.RotateAround.html
    U simply define point in space and axis through that point also an angle and that is it.
    In this ^^^function all parameters(point and axis are in world coordinates)
    With transform.transformPoint and transform.transformDirection u can transform from local to
    world system points and axis.

6. aqeel25

aqeel25

I want my object position not changed but it only rotate as the door is at same position but only opens in or outside