Search Unity

Moving a UI panel with OnDrag() event causes its contents to "flutter"

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by MMOERPG, Jan 26, 2017.

1. MMOERPG

MMOERPG

I'm working on my inventory UI. I have it working just fine with legacy UI but wanted to switch it over to the new UI system.

I have a Panel(Inventory Panel) with a child Panel(Loot Window) with a grid layout group with children buttons(InventorySlot) with LayoutElement components.

The Inventory Panel has a Canvas Group component and a script containing OnDrag() functions.

Everything works except when I drag the Inventory Panel, the Inventory Slots flutter their displayed position by a few pixels however their position in the inspector remains constant. The "flutter" effect is reduced by turning "Pixel Perfect" off on the canvas, but then the text becomes blurry and the flutter remains, it just becomes less obvious.

With the old UI system, I simply add GUI.DragWindow() at the end of my window function and everything works perfectly, no blurred text, no flutter, no jump to pivot point... either I'm missing something major or this new UI system is buggy.

Anyone know what I'm missing? I'd like to move forward but if this is the expected behavior of the new UI system, ill just continue using the old one.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  2. dotGrix

dotGrix

Bumping. Can confirm I'm having this same issue. Did you happen to find a fix for this?