Search Unity

moving a track group

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by laurentlavigne, Feb 3, 2020.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

I'm trying to use the sequencer like a NLE but basic functionalities seem to be hidden, for example nesting move. Is there a setting somewhere?

2. gekidoslayer

gekidoslayer

Unity Technologies

Track groups arent arent really nesting, more of an organizational container.

You can use control tracks to handle nested timelines , set up each of the timelines and then add a control track to position them on the main timeline.

Check the "Film Sample Project" on the asset store for an example

steril likes this.
  3. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

Thanks, it's a very cool example but doesn't apply to my project because it's mocap where all motion is contained in each clip, including the root movement and it's cut to cut. Mine is all root keyframe on one track + clip cycle on the other and it's one continuous camera where I blend one CM to another so I cannot use control track in the same way.

I hope you add the ability to slide a track group, in the meantime I'd like to ripple move a multi selection of clips + keyframes across multiple tracks. Where is that?

PS: multi clip (not ketframes) move wasn't working earlier. In general some functions in timeline seems to break and work on the next editor launch, are you aware of such bugs? I can't isolate so I didn't report but it's been happening for the past week.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  4. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

here is an explanation of what i've been trying to do
    summary: keyframes aka infinite clips need to become first class citizen, it's very uncomfortable to deal with all the inconsistencies of the sequencer
    Do you have a point release coming soon that tackles this?