Search Unity

Movie texture in flash build, supported or not?

Discussion in 'Flash' started by RTshaders, Dec 24, 2011.

1. RTshaders

RTshaders

Does Flash support Movie texture becuase when I build to flash and keep warning me like this:the name "Movietexture"does not denote in valid type.And I can't find any useful info at the doc regarding that issue.

2. ncst

ncst

I had a similar error, but for WWWForm and WWW:

"The name 'WWW' does not denote a valid type ('not found'). "

Does anyone know how to get WWW or WWWForm to work (with Flash) in the 3.5 preview? (The project compiles fine for the webplayer in the 3.5 preview).

3. ncst

ncst

4. Lucas Meijer_old

Lucas Meijer_old

the Unity classes WWW and MovieTexture are not yet supported. However, you can use the actionscript embedding api to have your content talk to actionscript vice versa, and use that to make http calls, as well as to grab pixels from a flash video, and push them to a Unity texture.

5. jackshiels

jackshiels

It appears not to... pity.

6. jstriedinger

jstriedinger

Would you main explaning this in a more detail manner? a.ka. : I didn't understand **** of what you jus said o_O haha and I having the same problem with MovieTexture!

7. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

Movie texture is not supported and will not be supported for 4.0. However, given the examples that are available, it is possible to playback video / webcam on a texture within Unity using our AS3 interop.