Search Unity

Movie Encoding Error (OGV)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by CorneliaXaos, Oct 14, 2017.

1. CorneliaXaos

CorneliaXaos

So... I'm not sure if this is a bug with Unity or my video files.. but...

I'm using the latest non-beta Unity Linux release (2017.1.1xf1) and was wanting to see if anyone else had issues with VideoPlayer compilation on Linux. I have a couple .ogv files (in theora / vorbis format) in my project and when I attempt to build for Linux everything imports and functions just fine.

When switch the Target Platform to Windows to attempt a windows build I get an error for each video clip that looks like this:

"Movie encoding error [Assets/Resources/Media/Sequence 01.ogv]"

I'm not exactly sure why.. or what's going on.. I should note the video clips are marked to use the VideoClip importer version (i.e. not the legacy movie texture) and they are set to "Transcode" using the Original Dimensions, Auto Codec, and High bitrate and spatial quality...

... so.... any ideas as to what's causing the error?

2. Tak

Tak

Can you post an editor log (~/.config/unity3d/Editor.log) from a session where this happens?

3. CorneliaXaos

CorneliaXaos

Hey, Tak. Sorry this is six days later... I was looking out for the "There's been a reply!" email, but I somehow overlooked it...

Anyways, I made a new project to get an editor log that wouldn't be gigantic because of the amount of assets in the project and the issue persisted. So, here's that editor log you asked for.

.... Also.. apparently the forum won't let you upload ".log" files... It's complaining about the extension.. so here's it as a .txt.

Attached Files:

4. Tak

Tak

OK - it looks like the "Auto" encoding option isn't being smart enough about filtering capabilities of both the editor and the target platform.

Unity on Linux only has the ability today to encode to VP8 - you'll need to choose that as the codec for standalones (or don't transcode, if it's not necessary for the source medium / target platform).