Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Movement, rotate with GUI button. Half working?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Afrokid001, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Afrokid001

Afrokid001

Hi guys, I am trying to make a simple 2D game but have gotten stumped on a what I thought would be a simple movement code.

For the movement code, it has 2 buttons, an up and a down button. The hero is always moving forward, and the buttons change the direction.

Where I am having my trouble is, the down works fine, but the up button instantly raises it to 9.99999 and does nothing else. Is there another way to do this that I am missing?

I am also having trouble with an "if" state for it to only work from 0 to -90 and 0 to 90 degrees each button so it cant move backwards.

I thought this would of worked

Code (csharp):
    1. if (heroObject.Rigidbody2D.rotation <90)
    2. {
    3. }
    but it is saying I'm not referencing to a state of an object (Which I assume is the "Rotation").
    Could I please be pointed in the right direction for this also?

My code is:

Code (csharp):
    2. var spinSpeed : float = 1; //speed which the object will spin
    3. var forwardVelocityValue : float = 2; //speed the object will move forward
    4. var heroObject : GameObject; //the object this script applies to
    7. function OnGUI ()
    8. {
    9.     GUI.Box (Rect (10,10,100,90), "Movement"); //draw a box around the buttons
    11.     if (GUI.RepeatButton (Rect (20,40,80,20), "Up")) //spin up button
    12.     {
    13.         heroObject.transform.eulerAngles.z= spinSpeed; //Object to spin.Startspinning.angle.z = spin speed
    14.     }
    16.     if (GUI.RepeatButton (Rect (20,70,80,20), "Down"))//spin down button
    17.     {
    18.         heroObject.transform.eulerAngles.z-= spinSpeed;//Object to spin.Startspinning.angle.z- = spin speed
    19.     }
    20. }
    23. function FixedUpdate()
    24. {
    25.     rigidbody2D.velocity = transform.right * forwardVelocityValue;;//object to move.velocity = speed (x,y,)
    26. }

2. Afrokid001

Afrokid001

I have managed to find a way to get it to work.

If it helps anyone, feel free to use it or what ever.

Code (csharp):
    1.  var spinSpeed : float = 1; //speed which the object will spin
    2. var forwardVelocityValue : float = 2; //speed the object will move forward
    3. var heroObject : GameObject; //the object this script applies to
    4. var maximumUpRotation : float = 80;//The maximum rotation for the Up button to work
    5. var minimumUpRotation : float = 275;//The minimum rotation for the Up button to work
    6. var maximumDownRotation : float = 280;//The maximum rotation for the Down button to work
    7. var minimumDownRotation : float = 85;//The minimum rotation for the Down button to work
    10. function OnGUI ()
    11. {
    12.     GUI.Box (Rect (10,10,100,90), "Movement"); //draw a box around the buttons
    14.     if (GUI.RepeatButton (Rect (20,40,80,20), "Up")) //spin up button
    15.     {
    16.         if (transform.localEulerAngles.z < maximumUpRotation) //if rotation is 80 or less then do
    17.         {
    18.             heroObject.transform.Rotate(0,0,spinSpeed);//Object to spin.Startspinning.angle.z
    19.         }
    20.         if (transform.localEulerAngles.z > minimumUpRotation) //if rotation is 255 or more then do
    21.         {
    22.             heroObject.transform.Rotate(0,0,spinSpeed);//Object to spin.Startspinning.angle.z
    23.         }
    24.     }
    26.     if (GUI.RepeatButton (Rect (20,70,80,20), "Down"))//spin down button
    27.     {
    28.         if (transform.localEulerAngles.z < minimumDownRotation) //if rotation is 85 or less then do
    29.         {
    30.             heroObject.transform.Rotate(0,0,-spinSpeed);//Object to spin.Startspinning.angle.-z
    32.         }
    33.         if (transform.localEulerAngles.z > maximumDownRotation) //if rotation is 250 or more then do
    34.         {
    35.             heroObject.transform.Rotate(0,0,-spinSpeed);//Object to spin.Startspinning.angle.-z
    36.         }
    37.     }
    38. }
    41. function FixedUpdate()
    42. {
    43.     rigidbody2D.velocity = transform.right * forwardVelocityValue;//object to move.velocity = speed (x,y)
    44. }