Search Unity

Movement and Animation

Discussion in 'Animation' started by piggybank1974, May 14, 2019.

1. piggybank1974

piggybank1974

As I'm a programmer not an animator/Blenderer I find myself in new territory, so go easy on me :)

I'm in the process of building a tower defence prototype, I'm got most of the initial design done, with a test environment I've created using blender 2.79/2.8, originally I created these using Magica Voxel, and made them low poly, as it was easier for me, I have this character, moving around a predetermined path, from point to point, but as you would not want to fire on fluffy bunnies/or pigs I though I better come up with using blender for a low poly character and try my hand at animation, well from now on I will look at animation on movies in a different light, rewarding but difficult to say the least, any how after best part of a week designing using bones/weight painting (don't get me started on that), I have a somewhat animation, of the character moving or I should say animating walking, I'll give myself a star for that :)

So here is what I'm not sure about, as I've said, I have code that moves the character on a predetermined path, but I'm not sure about how to use the animation so they are in sync, movement forward and walking etc. I don't think I need the character controller/ with root motion? as the system is taking care of the moving point to point/rotation, I just want some advice in this area before I code anything up.

Cheers.

2. piggybank1974

piggybank1974

@Maren95

I don't understand your reply, I do understand what animation is and how it's used, I was on about playing the animation but will it correspond to the movement to the character on the predetermined path, as of yesterday/ this very morning I imported the character from blender 2.8 to unity "FBX" as "OBJ" does not allow animation.

I had to fiddle with some of the settings as blender imported the materials as transparent, this might be me as I might not have them set up correctly.

anyway, in the end, I can see my animation play on the character, so I'll figure the rest out today.

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Spammer was removed.