Search Unity

Discussion Movement + A modifier = Impossible?

Discussion in 'Input System' started by AchillesKar, Oct 2, 2023.

1. AchillesKar

AchillesKar

Hey everyone. I'm trying to do this (it seems logical) and i get an exception error:

InvalidOperationException: Cannot find public field 'modifier' used as parameter of binding composite 'UnityEngine.InputSystem.Composites.Vector3Composite' of type 'UnityEngine.InputSystem.Composites.Vector3Composite'
    UnityEngine.InputSystem.InputBindingResolver.AssignCompositePartIndex (System.Object composite, System.String name, System.Int32& currentCompositePartCount) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.inputsystem@1.5.1/InputSystem/Actions/InputBindingResolver.cs:727)
    UnityEngine.InputSystem.InputBindingResolver.AddActionMap (UnityEngine.InputSystem.InputActionMap actionMap) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.inputsystem@1.5.1/InputSystem/Actions/InputBindingResolver.cs:387)
    UnityEngine.InputSystem.PlayerInput:OnEnable() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.inputsystem@1

How can i resolve this? I do have an extra D-pad action composite type of Vector3 that controls the movement of the player but i dont see how this is can play a role in this.
    What i want is simple - i want to control the player in mid-air with movement while pressing a Jump button (my modifier, in this case).
    Let's say for example i press Up + Jump button the player jumps forward and so on.
    Any help from the most experienced users of Unity would be most appreciated.