Search Unity

Move asset to addressable group from code

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Hostur, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Hostur

Hostur

Hi,
    I'm trying to assign assets to addressables from code. With asset bundles it was easy like:

AssetImporter.GetAtPath(path).SetAssetBundleNameAndVariant(bundleName, "");

How to move asset to addressable group and set addressable label-name on it?
    Is there any friendly api for that?

JesOb likes this.
  2. unity_bill

unity_bill

Assuming you have the settings object (or use
    AddressableAssetSettingsDefaultObject.Settings
    ), you can do
    settings.CreateGroup(...)
    and
    settings.CreateOrMoveEntry(...)

3. RobRab2000

RobRab2000

Hi, I am currently converting our AssetBundle loading system over to Addressables and I have the same question too. For our current system I have a watch folder and any prefab that gets dropped inside gets assigned to an asset bundle and registered with the rest of our system. I would like to do the same with the Addressables system. I had a look into the CreateOrMoveEntry but the documentation is a little sparse. I was wondering if there was a good place to get started learning a bit more?

4. wolilio

wolilio

use this to add/move file or folder to a group

Code (CSharp):
    1.         public static void AddAssetToGroup(string path ,string groupName)
    2.         {
    3.             var group = AddressableAssetSettingsDefaultObject.Settings.FindGroup(groupName);
    4.             if (!group)
    5.             {
    6.                 throw new Exception($"Addressable : can't find group {groupName}");
    7.             }
    8.             var entry = AddressableAssetSettingsDefaultObject.Settings.CreateOrMoveEntry(AssetDatabase.AssetPathToGUID(path), group,
    9.                 false,
    10.                 true);
    12.             if (entry == null)
    13.             {
    14.                 throw new Exception($"Addressable : can't add {path} to group {groupName}");
    15.             }
    16.         }