Search Unity

Mouse Y performing worse than Mouse X

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by H2r_, May 4, 2021.

1. H2r_

H2r_

Hello! I am trying to make a 3d first person character controller, so I set up a script that allows me to look around with the mouse(mouse X rotates player, and mouse Y rotates camera attached to the player). When moving on the X axis everything is fine, but when I move on the Y axis there is a slight stutter. I know that it is not an issue with my script, because I have tried a variety of different scripts and tutorials. I have also tried changing my the aspect ratio on my camera and messing around with the camera settings. Can anybody tell me what's happening. Thanks!

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

You haven't shared any specifics, so all I can suggest is to first try a different mouse.

3. H2r_

H2r_

Just tried a different mouse and it didn't help :(

4. H2r_

H2r_

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif heres a video. Both the Y and X axis are being done in the same way but only the Y has the issue.

5. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest the problem is probably in your script and/or scene setup.

Could you post your code and also some screenshots of your hierarchy, showing which scripts are on which objects and the parent/child relationships between objects?

6. H2r_

H2r_

Capture.PNG h.PNG here is the code and hierarchy setup. The script is on the object titled "Capsule" and uses references for both the Main Camera and Capsules transforms.

7. H2r_

H2r_

I do not think it is an issue with the script or object placement however, because I have tried a variety of different scripts and placements and none of them have worked correctly.

8. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

Well two things:
    - Mouse input axis should not use Time.deltaTime as they are already framerate independent
    - You have two different sensitivity variables for the two axes. Have you tried adjusting those values?

9. H2r_

H2r_

I doubt thats it. I have tried other scripts that don't use delta time and they didn't work either. Currently the sensitivities are both the same. I can adjust the Y one to make it slower and it helps a little, but I don't want the Y to be slower than the X. Also, if it was an issue with scripts I don't know why it would affect Y differently than X, since they are done the same.

10. unity_E8F97D1AC1678C8DCA8A

unity_E8F97D1AC1678C8DCA8A

having same issue still not fixed