Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mouse Sensitivity Setting for Freelook Camera

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by duyanhpham235, Sep 20, 2019.

1. duyanhpham235

duyanhpham235

Hi,

I'm trying to make the mouse sensitivity setting with only one slider in my Main Menu Setting Screen. The tricky thing is my "mouse Y" is used via Freelook Cam (pic below), and "mouse X" is used via code. Is there any way I can use just 1 float to control both of the values?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Can you change the freelook axis name to Mouse X?

3. duyanhpham235

duyanhpham235

Unfortunately no, just because the way I set it up at the beginning. It's a bit too late now to change though. Is there any other way?

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I don't think I understand what you're trying to do. Can you explain a little more?

5. sergeantpocoyo

sergeantpocoyo

Hey, what i'm trying to do is controlling both mouse X and Y's sensitivity with one single float so that players can adjust it on a slider. Does that all make sense?

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I don't know what you mean by sensitivity. If you want one slider to control multiple things, then your handler for the slider should just set all those things.

Let's say that the slider is supposed to indicate how much orange juice to put in the cups. Bill has a small cup, Bob has a big one. Player sets the slider to half-way. Your handler should then fill Bill's cup halfway, and Bob's cup halfway. Different amounts of juice perhaps, but both their cups are half full, which is what the player wanted.