Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mouse sensitivity altered on different systems after build

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Dark_Alchemist, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Dark_Alchemist

Dark_Alchemist

As stated in the title I am using the new input system 1.0.1, both Unity 2020.2 & 2019.4, and although it seems to work fine on my system, in the editor and after build, some of the other students in my class have told me that the demo is unplayable due to an extremely high mouse sensitivity. I am using a CinemachineFreeLook component tied to a plain game object in world, and early on in adding the Cinemachine I saw a higher sensitivity as well, though not quite as bad. I fixed it by changing the max speed on both y and x axis on the component to 0.01, and it works fine for me. This fix has somehow become decoupled (or was never the actual fix in the first place) and the others can't control where they look due to the overshoot. The tricky thing is that I can't see the issue on my end and not everyone I send it to sees the issue.

I tried rebuilding it with different max speeds on the Cinemachine, and they reported no change. I am at a loss as to how to go about troubleshooting and would like any suggestions or fixes you all might have.

I am pretty new to Unity and so I would appreciate step by step help if possible.
    It looks like I might be experiencing the same problem as posted here. Not entirely sure though. I really appreciate any help.

2. gaborkb

gaborkb

Unity Technologies

Could you send an image of your Freelook and input settings? Or better could you send me your project, I'll have a look. You can DM me.